Home The Singer's Lobby

Listening to own songs few days later

shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
Hi there,

I wonder if you experience the same like me... because this happens to me in 98% of my recordings :smiley:

When I sing and listen to it afterwards, then I can say: Yes, its okay... or Hm, well... or OMG, delete it immediately

For those I like, when I listen back to them the next day or a few days later... I realize how "pitchy" and off-key they are.

Why don´t I hear that immediately? How can it be that it sounds so different ... is it because its my own voice and I am "used" to it more when I sang it a few minutes ago?

I hope you understand what I am trying to ask *lol

Comments

• shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Aaah ok... well yes that might the the effect *lol
    At least I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem :D
  • I do the same thing all the time. I need to hear myself very clear and in balance with the music, so that I can hear the notes within the music and also hear my own voice. I am often way off when I use bad headphones or speakers/monitors. Also some microphones "fit" my voice better than others.
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    All the time. I think it sounds great on the day of recording, the next day it sounds like crap to me and then a week later it's sounding good again. This is why honest feedback from others is so invaluable to me because my own track record on what I think sounds good has been spotty at best.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Yep experienced that, also have recorded something and didn't think it was much good and couple days later it sounded better than first thought. Now double check my pitch with sing scope on the moment of completion just to help achieve a decent job. I have also found my headphones off putting sometime go one ear on and other off and I think we need to relax as much as possible to focus getting the song as good as we can.

• DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Happens every time :smiley:
    Hmm.. and I just found out:
    While recording I use headphones.. and with them I like the sound more, than listening to it later on on my computer.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Maybe that's just down to sound quality more than pitch, i guess thats why engineers will eq a track to suit e.g. hifi speakers etc
    edited April 2020
    Hm well.. than my headphones can conjure away the pitchy notes :D
    I guess they don´t have high frequency (or what is it)?
    Maybe I should spend some more money on better ones...