Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Before we disappear (Chris Cornell) - COVER

Hi all!
I would like to share with you my new cover. This time, it is a collaborative acoustic video with my friend and bandmate who joined with his guitar!
This is a cover of the song called "Before we disappear" by Chris Cornell.

I hope you like it. As always, all your comments, opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated to continue improving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp3rRJGz2UM

Thanks for watching!

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @guzman

Nice cover enjoyed listening to that really good vocals, hard for me to critique on the performance not at that level of singing yet will leave that to the more experienced here.

Vocality
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I’ll go where vocality wouldn’t. I’ll critique it even though I’m not at that level. That’s F***ing awesome. Dude, you sold me when I heard your version of she’s gone......Awesome. The only thing I can find and trust me it is sooooo minimal and soooo unimportant is the same thing I hear with the steelheart song. It’s subtle but you don’t have some of the American vowel sounds, but who cares. It’s f***ing awesome!!!! I’d happily trade my American vowels for that!!! I hope your using that voice live somewhere. If not it’s a damn shame. Again awesome job as usual!!!
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    I agree with @sjonrokz4u
    Its awesome! You sound perfect on this song! The only thing you might work on is the higher parts. But might be because you are sitting that you are loosing a bit oh the power there.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Im not sure how much of this is for effect or unintentional, your laryngeal position raises slightly for example at these spots. Free fall around 1:39 and heart around 1:47. You still sound nice and open as you hit the high notes, that's why im not sure if you do this on purpose, if you are aware then cool, you really know how to play your instrument :smile:
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hi mates, thank you all for your comments! @Vocality @sjonrokz4u @shining @Wigs

@Vocality Thank you so much for commenting, I am glad you have enjoyed the video!

@sjonrokz4u Thank you so much for your comment! And yes, I know that about the vowels (and the whole pronunciation), I look for them continuously, but they run faster haha. I'm in a rock banda but we have not played live yet. Hope to do it soon.

@shining Thanks for your feedback! Good point, I agree that maybe I lose a bit of power on the higher notes. I'll take it into account.

@Wigs Thanks for noticing that! That was intentional but still a good point to be careful. Even the sound may have more harmonics if I put the note with more resonance in the mask.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with me, much appreciated!
    Hi @coffeecrank!
    Thanks for your comment and experience!
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Sounds pretty good man!
    Some of the vowels sound a bit exaggerated, probably because of pronunciation like @sjonrokz4u mentioned. They could be a little softer in a way if that makes sense. Your voice was definitely meant for these kinds of songs.
    If you want a challenge, I would like to see you try some Dio. Doesn't have to be now, but when you feel ready for it.
    Hi @Diego
    Thank you very much for your comment! Yes! I want to try some Dio song, but the time I tried it, it sounded like a dead cat haha I will try again because it is a pending item. Thanks!