Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Electric Dreams By Georgio Moroder & Phil Oakley Cover Vocality

Hi Everyone

Been working on this song for a while now Electric Dreams By Georgio Moroder & Phil Oakley. Main aim to be more accurate with pitch, reckon I have done quite well on this one another tough song what do you think critique Welcome and done it in three takes.

I will Tag @shining @LumiMoon @DogMeat @Ken Tamplin @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @Klaus_T @coffeecrank @Rick_amateur @DogMeat @Mysti @Sophia @Diego @blondiewales @Raphael_Hussl @Chris82 @cwcw @maximgottmer @sagemacg @HuduVudu @Gaston_Jauregui @bentk @LoneWolfRogue @samw2019 @Furious_Phil and all welcome

https://youtu.be/AC94-oF5tKo

Vocality :)

Comments

• shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Set to private :wink:
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Yes lol now unlisted
    edited April 2020
    Ok.. don´t know this song :) But I`ll try to give some feedback:

The beginning comes with a bit of tense and "uncertainty".. but from 1:42 you start relaxing and get more into the song. Thats when your voice starts sounding good! Ok.. you struggle a bit with some phrases in the chorus. But.. like I said I don´t know the song and so I never tried singing.. but to me its sound quite challenging! So you have really done a good job on this!!!
    @shining thanks for your response it’s hard to critique a song you don’t know. Yes the choruses were demanding reaching high in the chest was difficult but trying to use compression to get there. The main thing is making progress in my singing.

Vocality 😀
    @coffeecrank thanks for your feedback, I think air management maybe I should concentrate on more compression hold back air on those higher chest parts. I think this song had more success than the film Together in Electric Dreams and It was an 80s song.

I think that maybe a good idea for me to revisit some prior songs for progress pointers and will look in to a few.

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    sounds like you improved. slight pitch issues here and there but your voice got stronger for sure. good job!
    @Klaus_T Thanks for your feedback, my chest register is improving, I am make discoveries with regards to support and pressing on the diaphram and cutting back the air. Happy with progress and getting the melodies down quicker now as well worked on this song for 3 weeks.

Vocality
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i am doing quite a bit of physical exercises these days, seems to help me with singing, especially support. of course hard to say what exactly it is, I am of course also doing Ken's exercises all the time, but I have the impression that this set of exercises seems to be a big part in my latest progress with support, so maybe you want to try it out for yourself: https://youtu.be/ZLOC1-3If2c

@Klaus_T Currently doing cardio and was looking to also do some abdominals in between looks good need to give it a try. Getting better and faster at the huffing exercises making progress very well.
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Good work George. You work on pitch has really paid of. Not on the tune on every note, but hitting correct notes of the melodies. Being on tune in this song sounds like a difficult task for most of the singers. Not an easy song you picked.
    To get more of the original disco feeling, try lowering the volume of your vocals a bit, cut the <100hz frequencies and use some mastering tool to maximize the pumping feeling of the track. Then you are disco-ready :smiley:
    @dogmeat Thanks for the feedback, pretty tough song had to work at it to get close, I did boost the vocal a little and i am running compression to keep my vocals consistent volume wise. Also used a hint of reverb and did try dropping that bottom end 100hz does sound better bit too much bass and I have ozone 8 elements mastering tool need to have a play around see what works.

Thanks for the heads up production side as well, areas for me to explore.

• LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    This was so much fun Vocality! I can see so much progress even just in the few months I have heard you singing. Your pitch keeps improving and I agree with Shining that further into the song you started letting loose more and it got even better.
    @LumiMoon

Thanks for you reponse, if you heard me at the beginning of the course i wasn't great but whats really encouraging picking up melodies so much faster now. Need to try and relax more that should help. Yes noticed the verse beginning "because the friedship that you gave" sounded even better and it's Ducktails next on the song assignments 2 steps down should manage it ok.

• DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    @Vocality yes fx and compression is good. Just experiment lowering the vocal output after fx to get the total volume of the track up when applying ozone as a final part
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Definitely hear you using better technique overall to get a healthier chest note on the higher notes. Haven't heard you hit them with that much chest before! That in itself is a huge leap forward, I know the work it takes so well done there George!
    So now I found time to search for the original song.. and by watching the youtube video I remembered the film ... and then the song :smiley: I totaly forgot this one.. thanks for this lovely reminder @Vocality

And now my critique for you even gets better... after hearing the original singer, I would say YOU did a really amazing job on this! The thing is: The original singer is not really good and you certainly copied his style while singing his song. I am firmly convinced that you can do better .. just don´t try to copy him and just follow what Ken teaches you <3
    @shining

Many thanks for taking the time to check the original song, would I be right in saying he has a covered sound in his singing and we aim for that bright ping? Anycase will revisit this one later

Vocality
    Yes, he has a covered sound ... and to me in the higher parts he also sounds nasal.
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @Vocality I liked it! Sounds like you were having fun singing it!
    edited April 2020
    @Chris82

Thanks for you comment, it was a fun song but very demanding and a few things to work on though but will get there in time.