Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Wicked Game - Chris Issac (Cover)

Hey Dudes & Divas!
I hope everyone's life has been going better than mine. Lost my job a couple of weeks ago and my sanity a couple of days ago it seems. Anyways, life and the state of the world has been throwing a lot of emotions my way and I found it really easy to channel those feelings into a song like this so I figured I'd share. I know the low pitch parts aren't the best and i'm still working on them so any advice on how to get the low parts sounding better/smoother would be awesome! Anyway's here is my performance and thanks for your time!

https://www.smule.com/recording/wicked-game/2005406562_3488259407

@shining @LumiMoon @DogMeat @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @Klaus_T @coffeecrank @Rick_amateur @DogMeat @Mysti @Sophia @Diego @blondiewales @Raphael_Hussl @cwcw @maximgottmer @sagemacg @HuduVudu @Gaston_Jauregui @bentk @LoneWolfRogue @samw2019 @Furious_Phil

Comments

• Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Love it :love:
    Chris82 said:

I know the low pitch parts aren't the best and i'm still working on them so any advice on how to get the low parts sounding better/smoother would be awesome!

Well.. I even think the lower parts are really good. They sound like you.. you made this song yours and your voice fits perfect to this accoustic version (which itself is not really like the original from Chris Isaak ;) ) And "Wicked Game" is one of the song which does not need to be 100% perfect on pitch.. it lives from the feeling and the "betweens"... the longing.. the wining.. the ups and downs.
    So far this is the best cover version I heard from you yet... (did not listen to all ;) )
  • Options
    LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    Oh I loved this! I could really feel the emotion you poured into it. I like the little bits of distortion. I thought your low notes were good. For sure your higher notes were stronger but I think you are on your way with the lower notes. I am not sure if I have good advice as I struggle with lower notes and mine often disappear into whispers at present. Yours are much farther along than that. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes I don't support my lower notes as well with my breath and if I make sure I have strong support they do get a little stronger. This may not be an issue for you, though. I can't tell from listening.

Also, sorry for all the life troubles right now and I hope things even out soon for you. I think you did a great job of channeling all that frustration into this song.
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Thanks everyone! It's good to hear the low parts aren't as bad as I thought they were. You stream on twitch sings @coffeecrank ? I've been thinking about trying that to help keep my sanity. I used to stream games on twitch like 8 years ago and had a pretty popular channel at the time.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This is in my regular singing list as well though I stick to Chris Isaac's version. Interesting choice of vowels for the chorus, it works and sound good. Id still really like the vibrato slowed down, especially on the softer parts. Have you found your lower register getting better clarity over time by simply keeping up with practice? Thats what happened for me. Sometimes it helps me to think of a fog horn as im doing my scales and hitting the bottom.
  • Options
    maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Goosebumps over here, very good job man. You sound so professional. Keep going. Greetz Maxim