Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

HELP . SCHEDULE . SPEND TIME . START AND FINISH .

@highmtn
@Ken Tamplin

hi teachers .

i watch all the videos and pdf . and i know how should i exactly do what . but plz tell me i should start with which one and finish with which one . in reality i should start with which part ? ((((main audio.starter with duds or divas or etc ... )))) and how much time i should to spend and when i found that im master in it ???? . give me a schedule to do parts of each volume . thanks

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited April 2020
    Hello, Illia.
    First thing you should do is request your access to the student areas of the forums.
    Go here and follow the instructions.
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#

We answer more detailed questions about the course itself in the student areas of the forums.

Start with Volume 1. You will be in Volume 1 for a long time. It's where you form the foundation of your voice, so hurrying through Volume One would be a mistake.

Plan on a MINIMUM of 12 weeks, unless you are a very advanced singer already. Even if you were advanced, you need time to embed everything that is taught, and you are cheating yourself if you move on too quickly.

Keep watching the videos periodically, even after you have seen them and feel like you understand. You will always see some small details that got past you before, and you will benefit from re-watching.

With that said, your daily practice is going to be on the AUDIO exercises/workouts. That is where you build the muscle-memory and give your body the signals to begin growing your voice.

Try to spend at least one hour per day if you are able. If not, then do what you are able. More time is better, if you have it. If you feel your voice getting tired, then take a break and rest. Don't push your voice very hard, at all. You need to find the most relaxed way to accomplish the exercises. But you will put some effort into it, as well as attention to what you are doing.

As to the Starter exercises, those are just to get you started. If you find them easy, then move on to the Volume 1 exercises and stay in those for the duration of Volume 1. The main benefit of the starter exercises is that they are SLOWED-DOWN and give beginners a chance to realize what is coming in the months ahead. If you are a beginner, then about 2 weeks is probably long enough before you start the Main exercises.

Whether you are male or female, we all should watch all videos and try all exercises. Some males find the female exercises to be more appropriate, and the reverse applies to some females. Some find a mixture of the two fits their range the best. Some do all of both male and female exercises. Skip any exercises that are out of your range, and come in where your voice is able to do them.

Once you have truly mastered Volume 1 and have spent about 3 months on it, you may want to begin Volume 2. But this is not a race. It's a journey, and you need to stop and enjoy the journey along the way.

Welcome to KTVA.

Bob
  • IliyaIliya 2.0 PRO Posts: 14
    thanks for your help Bob . i should practice DIVAS STARTER WORKS OUT too ?
    @highmtn

thanks for your help Bob . i should practice DIVAS STARTER WORKS OUT too ? i cant do or achieve all range of divas starter i think .
    @highmtn

thanks for your help Bob . i should practice DIVAS STARTER WORKS OUT too ? i cant do or achieve all range of divas starter i think .
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    No. If they are out of your range, then you have answered your own question.

Do what is comfortable for your voice. Do the Dudes exercises and take your time. Make sure you apply what Ken tells you in the video lessons.
    thanks for answer bob . o:)

i promise that will be a good and famous pop or R&B singer at least in my country .

thanks you and thaks to dear @Ken Tamplin