Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

Under Pressure Cover (Help)

So here's a snippet of me singing "Under Pressure" by Queen. This song is fairly new to my repertoire, and seeing as it is a very difficult song I want to make sure I'm doing it right. This song is very high for me as a low baritone and pushes me outside of my comfort zone, and I notice that when I do it I hit the occasional flat note. What can I do so that I have the stamina to sing an entire song like this outside of my comfort zone without hitting any flat notes. Also when looking back at the video, on some of the higher notes it looks I'm about to pop a gasket, however physically I don't feel all that strained. (Don't get me wrong it's not easy, but it doesn't leave me feeling stressed to the point where it is strained.) And yes I know that the high note in this particular video ended a little flat, these notes are still a hit or miss for me, sometimes I hit it spot on, other times not so much. Any tips?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOJT_l-ah_Y&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I can't go into too much detail here because you posted in the public area of the forum. Alot of the fundamentals in volume 1 aren't being consistently applied. Your support doesn't sound solid, there is sometimes too much air and your lose some resonance and swap it for pure volume on the higher notes. Its a really tough song, I dont try much of Queens stuff my self.
  • SeanTMSeanTM 2.0 PRO Posts: 25
    Thanks Wigs! This was recorded before I got the course, and now that I'm beginning to follow Ken's instructions I'm doing a lot better! Thanks for the feedback, I agree with what you're saying.