Home Off Topic

How different is your speaking voice from your singing voice?

OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
In Ken's livestream He mentioned his singing voice is higher than his speaking voice, I find the same holds true for me and I am curious about how the difference is for others :)

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I like to try and singer higher than my speaking voice alot, but im actually more comfortable lower than my speaking voice.
  • OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
    Wigs said:

I like to try and singer higher than my speaking voice alot, but im actually more comfortable lower than my speaking voice.

Should I be able to sing lower than my speaking voice without getting into vocal fry?
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    I HATE listening to my speaking voice :)
    My speaking voice is totally different. Also people that hear my singing always say: "Thats you??? I would have never thougt because it sounds so different"
    Can´t say what makes the difference. Its not really higher or lower... maybe the sound isn´t so "smooth".
  • OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
    shining said:

I HATE listening to my speaking voice :)
    My speaking voice is totally different. Also people that hear my singing always say: "Thats you??? I would have never thougt because it sounds so different"
    Can´t say what makes the difference. Its not really higher or lower... maybe the sound isn´t so "smooth".

Now I am getting curious about that speaking voice, but My speaking and singing voices are 2 different people xD I get the same reaction when I sing.
  • Van_JoghVan_Jogh 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    I tend to speak in a higher baritone G2 and sing in tenor range more comfortably with G2 being my lowest note I can hold comfortably.