Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

New Cover Song Reviewed

Hey guys,

A little bit about my self. My names Chase Walker, I'm from Scotland. I've been playing piano since I was 9 but only really started singing 'properly' about 2 years ago. I was hoping some of you might like to hear some stuff and leave some advice for me going forward. The song is called Lighthouse, I tried to keep close to the original but add my own sort of taste/effect as such. The sound quality isn't the greatest as it has to be recorded from home due to the lock down during the covid-19 pandemic.

Song Link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72v1Nv72lA

I look forward to reading the constructive comments and reviewing the advice.
I hope all is weel during this tough time for everyone, stay home and stay safe.

Yours
Chase <3

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This is pretty good. You shape your vowels nicely, be careful of your larynx raising unnecessarily for words like "guide" I think is more to do with how you pronounce the word, but its something to work towards. If you engage your support more, there will be a more general consistency through out. There were times when you wavered a bit finding the correct note and as you were finishing a phrase. These are small things that you should be able to correct. The emotion was really nice, Ive never heard this song before.