Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Icelander living in Japan

Hello everyone! Im from Iceland but i moved to Japan few years ago. I am 47. years old.

How got into music is was a strange coincidence. Until last year I had zero experience or interest in music. (other than listening) It started when I went with few new friends to see a football match (soccer) last summer to support our home team. One of those friends (base player in a metal band) said that I was shouting louder than anyone else in the stadium and suggested we started a new metal cover band with me as the vocalist. Well I thought the guy was joking or crazy to suggest something so absurd.

Anyway one thing led to another and now 50. rehearsals and 2. concerts later here I am. To learn how to sing for the first time! I have been shouting and growling so far. I just purchased The Course + Pro Packs.

Looking forward to start learning, enjoying and sharing in this forum.

Let the journey begin.

Comments

• Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Ha! Awesome dude I’ve played in both of your countries!!! You’ve come to the right place. Follow the course take your time and use the forum. Lots of great help here
  • Options
    MetalJapan3MetalJapan3 2.0 PRO Posts: 8
    Thanks! Will do. That's cool man, Reykjavik and Tokyo I'm guessing?
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    And misawa, and okinawa
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi mate, I'm from Australia and baby metal is pretty popular on one of our radio stations here, although I find them a bit more of a novelty. It's cool to hear someone getting into a band the way you have. I'm sure if you follow the course you'll find better ways of using your voice for the long haul🤘🏼
  • Options
    sjonrokz4u You went all over then. From north to south. My only performances where further north (Sapporo, Hokkaido) Here is for many more to come.

• Options
    Thanks Wigs. Yea life moves in mysterious ways. Agree about baby metal. Being in a heavy metal group, my friends in the band did not like it :D but personal I think metal in Japan needs all the introduction it can get. Even in the form of such novelty that brings two different cultures or music genres together.
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome! Using the forum is a great addition to the program, there are loads of helpful people and discussions here. Have a look around!

Japan is a very interesting country, and a very interesting culture as a whole i think. Cool story you have, your musical endeavor really exploded so it seems!

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Thanks bentk. I have been reading a lot of the discussions. Very valuable information that will help. Will start practicing the program soon (had a small injury to slow me down) until then endless good info as said before.

Yes Japan is amazing and I hope I never leave. Plus it gave me music! Wish I started earlier.

Take care man and see you around here.