Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Will two practice sessions a day harm or improve my voice quicker?

This has probably been answered before, but I want to know the consequences of two or maybe three practice sessions day. Will it eventually wear down my voice, or will the extra practice help improve and grow my voice quicker? Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    edited May 2020
    For me the more practice you can do the better. It's going to take most people thousand upon thousands of hours of practice to get their voice to a point where it's sounding really good so the more hours per day you can put in the quicker you're going to get there. That said, Ken has said that "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice make perfect" so it's more about doing the exercises correctly than doing them repetitively but if you can do both then all the better.

The only thing I would caution is to not overdo it to the point your voice starts suffering. Know what the warning signs of over singing and vocal overuse are and if you start seeing those symptoms then back off a bit. As you sing more and more and start using proper technique you will find that the amount of time you can sing at once grows larger and larger.

I usually spend an hour a day on exercises and then 2-4 additional hours singing (though not all at once, spread out throughout the rest of the day in sessions)
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I think some of this was covered in the pdf you got with the course as well.