Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Stepping out and scared to death

Hi everyone. My name is Ace and I am stepping out to learn to sing. I've played bass for over 30 years but have the desire to sing. I enjoy singing but when I try to record my nerves kick in and my voice shakes and quakes. I'm hoping to get settled enough to record some songs for my wife for our anniversary or her birthday. I'd appreciate any prayers to overcome my fears and that I will dig in and learn how to sing.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Do, it, @Acwoodson!

One day you picked up a bass, and moved forward. Now you get to learn another instrument: Your Voice. You will find that it's not all THAT hard, once you get started and keep going. It's a gradual thing, but will really step up your game as a bass player. Your value to bandmates will increase as you begin to contribute to the vocals.

Know that there are many people praying for you and rooting for you, as well! Your courage will grow. You will grow confidence from simply knowing how to better operate your voice, and with time, you will gain many skills that are unknown to you as a beginner.

Go for it! You'll be glad you did!

Bob
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Ace, just do it, you will look back and laugh about being scared
  • bradsmith007bradsmith007 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 48
    @Acwoodson ... following this ... I think we're in the same boat! :lol:

What songs do you have in mind?
  • AcewoodsonAcewoodson Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all for the words of encouragement. For my wife I want to sing To Cover You by The Choir as well as Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix. For my own enjoyment I want to do Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice Cooper and Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison. They seem to be in my range as a beginner. I am practicing everyday and my best friend is going to work with me some.