Homeβ€Ί GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Losing ability to belt high after complete vocal warm up?

Hi, everybody!
Hope you are all doing fine and keep singing. :smile:
I've opened this thread because I have a question that is bothering me for quite a long time and until now I couldn't find anyone who could answer it unfortunately. But maybe you can help me out here. :smiley:
It is about my belts, especially the higher ones: I actually prefer to belt in Mixed Voice and am able to hit a C#6 (at maximum though :cold_sweat: ) without vocal warm ups (I know I shouldn't do it, hehehe, but sometimes I am just freely trying things out when I'm alone at home πŸ˜…). But when my voice is warmed up, my falsetto register activates immediately, my voice cracks and then I can barely reach up to a F5 without shouting or cracking into reinforced falsetto. πŸ˜” What am I doing wrong? Am I forced to change my register at that point or can I train my voice in a way that I don't lose my belting strength on the higher notes after warming up? I'd love to keep my mixed belts that high. :disappointed: :

I thank you very much in advance for your answers and wish you a wonderful time. :smile:
Kind regards
Franziska

Best Answers

Answers

• FranziFranzi Member Posts: 6
    Hi, thank you for your quick answer, It could be very well the reason for my problem :smiley:: Warming up and belting that high in one sessionis is probably very tiring for my voice, especially when I think about my biggest vocal weaknesses, which are stamina and breath support. I probably need to fix that first before I take care of my upper belts. Thanks a lot and have a nice day! :smiley:
  • FranziFranzi Member Posts: 6
    highmtn said:

How you should be properly warming up and working-out on a daily basis really matters, down to a great amount of detail. That's the kind of thing that is at the foundation of Ken's course. You gradually build what needs to be built over a course of time, and incrementally build the parts of your voice that combine and interchange as needed to provide the versatility that will lend longevity to the voice and help prevent injury.

It's not just this one adjustment and that one over there. It's the whole picture. You have to treat the voice holistically as a whole and grow all aspects of it.

Yes, that is true. Thank you for your detailed answer. I will try to work as precisely and carefully as much with my voice to get the best out of it. :smiley:

Have a nice day! :smile: