Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Barbershop Multitrack Tag

Hello all! Just wanted to share a Barbershop Mutitrack Tag I made some years ago and see what people thought of it :)

A tag is the end of a Barbershop piece, usually consisting of a long note (the post, typically sung by the Lead or Tenor) that the three other parts then resolve around. In this one I sing the Lead, Tenor, Baritone and Bass parts, and I think it's the only one I ever got a good lock and overtone with.

The actual song calls for a G4 post from the tenor, but I'm a bass so I took it down a half-step to an F#

Comments

• Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Very cool. I can hear it. But be very careful with the volume in which you are recording. That is a very loud recording, so just for anyone else listening. A warning to turn down the volume a bit.

I've done some tags on my own before, they are really fun to do! Hahaha. I hear the overtone in the recording.
    If you want to do a real good tag, you might want to coordinate the phrasing a bit better, it can make a HUGE difference in how it sounds. If you can you can have some kind of queue as to when you are going for the next word.
    The lead should back away from the microphone a bit as it is going to poke the loudest in the mix and the mic is distorting a lot.

• Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    https://clyp.it/jgpssv2y
    https://clyp.it/r12u4ug2

Hahahaha, these suck. But I had fun. I think they sounded kind of cool.
    I think these were recorded in the old microphone.
  • Options
    Goggalor1990Goggalor1990 Member Posts: 27
    Thank you! I don't record tags anymore, but if I do I'll check the volume. And I actually really like the 2nd one! Great harmony 👍
  • Options
    FurryMurryFurryMurry 2.0 PRO Posts: 56
    Hi there @Goggalor1990! That was cool!

Do the whole song, please!
  • Options
    Goggalor1990Goggalor1990 Member Posts: 27

Hi there @Goggalor1990! That was cool!

Do the whole song, please!

Thank you! Lol, maybe in the future if I can find the site I used to learn the tag 😅