Homeβ€Ί Psychology of Singing

Practice daily

Ayushsingh1Ayushsingh1 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 41
How to motivate yourself for practicing daily,, I know it's a silly question πŸ˜‚ but pls answer meπŸ™β€

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I guess it depends how bad you want it. If you want to get better bad enough.......
  • wojtekwojtek Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 96
    1. For the last 2 months I have been tracking my workouts by writing a V(ocals) letter on calendar. I started doing this on the 1st of April and I have just added "V" on my 1st of June (today).
    This is quite motivating to see that I've practiced 56 days over the last 2 months and I really want to keep it up, no turning back now! Sometimes when I don't feel like it, I think about it and it kinda works and if I make a break then I have no regrets because I am consistent in general and it's ok to take a day off ;)
    I also write a smal "v" or a big "V" or "V+" depending on the time I practice etc.

2. Similarly after a month I write in a notebook what I have acomplished during this 30 days (any breakthroughs) and what I hope to get out of the next 30. (that reminds me that I need to do that ;p).

3. I found it helpful to be involved on this forum. Interact with others, ask questions etc. Check it daily ;p

4. Also I started doing my workouts in the early afternoons rather then in the evenings, so it's not on my mind the entire day - the thought that I still have something to do.

5. I have just booked a lesson with a local vocal teacher so that will be motivating for sure ;)

That's pretty much it for me. After most of my workouts I sing some songs which gives you bunch of endorfines so it's always something to look for after warming up.

Lastly there is nothing more motivating than seeing your own progress ;)
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Regular practice is the only way to get good at something. It goes for most skills in life.
    Sometimes you don't feel like doing it, or just aren't feeling the 'passion'. But no work generally leads to no progress. Somehow, that motivates me in my musical journey. The great thing is, you will slowly hear better results, and become more natural, and that will keep you even more motivated.

Concentrate on the exercises. Quality and repetition are key. Aim for an hour of practice, or even more. If you are not focused, then the practice won't be very effective. A 'comfortable' amount of challenge is needed to progress. Too much challenge will make you unable to keep up and possibly frustrate you. Too little challenge and you won't progress efficiently. This differs for everybody.

If you have the means and the time, it is extremely worthwhile to pursue your passions, no matter your current level or age.

Hope this helps!