Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Coming Clean (Cover)

I sang and played guitar in this cover and wanted some feedback on my vocals. Anything you can hear I should improve on?https://youtube.com/watch?v=8MH6sVC6S14

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited June 2020
    hi, sounds good to me, funny I was playing the song the other day after i forgot about it for years, and re-discovered green day (and my dookie guitar tabs book) recently :)

cool how you covered it but still made it a bit different with the playback. how did you do the drums?

i think your vocals could be louder, somehow they drown a bit in the guitars. i think you've taken a few liberties with the lyrics and melodies, not sure if it was on purpose, and maybe i am hearing things. i thought the "oh-oh" sounded really cool

i just mention the "criticism" because you asked. i think for the genre it sounds good and fitting! are you going to play that live?

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I’ve never heard the original. It’s a little pitchy but your tone and enunciation and ability to capture that Green Day sound is pretty good
  • NicolasGralewiczNicolasGralewicz Member Posts: 42
    Klaus_T said:

hi, sounds good to me, funny I was playing the song the other day after i forgot about it for years, and re-discovered green day (and my dookie guitar tabs book) recently :)

cool how you covered it but still made it a bit different with the playback. how did you do the drums?

i think your vocals could be louder, somehow they drown a bit in the guitars. i think you've taken a few liberties with the lyrics and melodies, not sure if it was on purpose, and maybe i am hearing things. i thought the "oh-oh" sounded really cool

i just mention the "criticism" because you asked. i think for the genre it sounds good and fitting! are you going to play that live?

Thanks! Yeah, there's some weird production stuff for sure. There were a few spots where timing and pitch is a lil off (might be what you're referring to) which wasn't intentional. I just sorta banged it out in one take. Also, I used the original drum track from the song and just EQ'd it so it fit in the mix better.
  • NicolasGralewiczNicolasGralewicz Member Posts: 42

I’ve never heard the original. It’s a little pitchy but your tone and enunciation and ability to capture that Green Day sound is pretty good

I definitely agree about the pitch thing. I thought the enunciation was sloppy honestly, but thanks!