Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

What do I need to improve, what am I lacking that I don't sound good?

Hello guys, I've been practicing my singing for 3 years now in July from the free videos that Ken offers, I improved a lot, really a lot from what I was, I deleted all my old recordings because I was scared of myself when I listened to them back now so I can't tell you how crap I was but even with all that improvement it still is terrible, I don't know what I am lacking, I have asked for help here few times and you told me to improve on my diaphragm support, I just don't know what I really should do, here is some of the most recent recordings if you could tell me am I still lacking diaphragm support or is it something else that I don't sing good
- Another Love by Tom Odell,
- Back to you by Bryan Adams
- Thought I'd died and gone to heaven by Bryan Adams

The reason I know I improved is because not I only sound better than before, but I also feel more comfortable when singing those phases, I used to crack on every single note when I tried to sing Thought I'd died and gone to heaven (even it doesn't require high range) now I feel comfortable but still not sounding good, help me what to improve and if it's diaphragmatic support can you tell me how, I am breathing from the bottom but how do I use that breath to support my sound, I know the information I am asking might be too much because I don't own the course but if you can help me really appreciated as I am not planning to give up on singing, it makes me feel fricking amazing

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I think your use of air is ok, generally you dont sound airy. You are leaning very heavily into your mask, so it comes across as a bit nasally, if you try to get your sound to come from further back, not leaning into the mask so much you will have a richer and warmer tone. Try and keep that feeling of breathing from the bottom as you exhale on your notes. Support should feel like the strength in your sound comes from your gut.
  • endrits079endrits079 Member Posts: 32
    Wigs said:

I think your use of air is ok, generally you dont sound airy. You are leaning very heavily into your mask, so it comes across as a bit nasally, if you try to get your sound to come from further back, not leaning into the mask so much you will have a richer and warmer tone. Try and keep that feeling of breathing from the bottom as you exhale on your notes. Support should feel like the strength in your sound comes from your gut.

Thank you for your advice Wigs, I was doing this as I was thinking I am sounding brighter, I will keep practicing to sing from my back of the throat, hope I'll get this right