Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

made a cover of mr. mister´s "broken wings"

RiffandPlayRiffandPlay Pro Posts: 14
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dUOvw1nCdv26UArV3n_9lr2kcbAEc5-L/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi,

Grateful for feedback how I can improve my calling/belting modes. I was struggling with the choruses.
It should be easier to sing with better technique I think than I experienced this time. It felt like there was a fight between the closed and open feeling in the choruses. Is there any great exercise for this? Any other suggestions?

Thank you. /J

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    The great exercises are the ones Ken gives you to do in the course :lol: I can hear the tension and struggle on the high notes even though you do manage to hit them. Find the note you struggle with and during your practice session, experiment with how you place the vowel, what your support is doing and how you manage your air, keep adjusting until it feels free.
  • MattPerryMattPerry Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2020
    I find it very cool. On the high notes, i think you are struggle without need it, you can easy sing those notes without effort, and the word "take", i think you got do it in other way, like in the record, all the rest sounds very good.
    This is only my oppinion...
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Everything but the high notes sounded really good! I think you did a really good job on this and really enjoyed it!
  • RiffandPlayRiffandPlay Pro Posts: 14
    I have solved the problem now. I realised how to sing it like the original today. I realised how twang really is connected to letting the larynx go higher on higher pitches. Crying backwards solved the problem and to be aware of not having larynx too low. Many problems arrise from too low larynx another instructor said and I have realised it is true.
  • RiffandPlayRiffandPlay Pro Posts: 14
    Thank you for feedback also!