Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    never heard this song before. suits your voice. i like it. somehow the piano sounds a bit rigid in places but i guess that will come with practice
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Over all pretty good. Some pitchy spots but I always figure you’ve just workedit out and that’ll self correct. Like the tone of your voice in this one. Seems like kind of a large undertaking stripping it down to one vocal and a piano lol. Nice job annnnnnnd......... what do you think?
    @sjonrokz4u @coffeecrank thanks for the feedback! yes i did notice some pitch and timing issues as well. @sjonrokz4u I thought it was pretty decent but it took a lot of work for me to get it sounding that way.
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @Michael4000 Good song choice! It fits your voice well. Any particular reason you went with the PG (radio edited) version of the song? I'd like to hear you put some more vocal weight into some parts of the song. Particularly the "forget you part" it should be sang with a little more aggression/anger.

@Chris82 thanks for this feedback, I agree that forget you could be sung more aggressively.

I would not at all be opposed to singing the song as Fuck You given the right crowd. But for the purposes of a recording, I don't think people really want to hear me shouting fuck you over and over again LOL.

Also I like when songs are more suggestive for using bad language, kind of like they did back in the old days when you couldn't say that stuff in a song. I think it's kind of clever. for example, the song "Every now and then i wonder, who's Loving You Tonight" he's obviously saying who's fucking you tonight. A more recent example is Justin Bieber's love yourself, he's pretty much saying fuck yourself.
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    Yay! That was so awesome! You are a great story teller and have lots of rhythm. I felt you. Your diction and articulation are excellent so that I can understand all the words. You even went for it more than what I have heard before! Great job!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I used to sing this quite a bit. You are holding back alot! Its like the pg version has taken some of the fire out of the original. If you think of the original, but sing pg, it would go really well.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    The pg version. Lol. I love that