Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

I Write Sins Not Tragedies (Vocal Cover)

So, I just slapped this together in one take (It's two vocal tracks, but I didn't redo anything).
If you're curious, the first halves of the verses are in the first vocal track and anything else (choruses, bridge, and second halves of verses) are the other vocal track.

Anyhow, I'm looking for some feedback on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX_BjNYR8n0

Comments

• Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    I don't give advice on technique anymore, Im not qualified to do so. The best I can do for you is tell you what I think of the cover in general. To be honest with you I did not really enjoy the cover. It wasn't super bad but it wasn't very good. Keep at it though this is a very difficult song to sing.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I get it was all one take, they are the hardest to nail. However you sound quite unfamiliar with singing the song since you are constantly ahead or behind the track timing wise. It usually takes me at least a week of singing and listening to a new song before I attempt to record it just to get to the point where it at least sounds like im familiar with the song.
  • NicolasGralewiczNicolasGralewicz Member Posts: 42
    Wigs said:

I get it was all one take, they are the hardest to nail. However you sound quite unfamiliar with singing the song since you are constantly ahead or behind the track timing wise. It usually takes me at least a week of singing and listening to a new song before I attempt to record it just to get to the point where it at least sounds like im familiar with the song.

That's partially due to terrible latency on my slow ass computer :). But yeah, I haven't heard the song in years...so partially that as well. But uhh...I'm planning on doing a song I'm more familiar with on a faster computer sometime in the next couple days, so keep your eyes peeled ;)