Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Can anyone listen and give me feedback?

Hi guys! I've been following Ken for a while now trying to learn to sing using his tips. I'd appreciate honest, fair feedback to know in what direction I should be going, what's lacking. Any positive points?

I'm putting the link here for you to listen and assess.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lTiZ40wvTXqBliUEsSpVdFRQB-3vWReK/view?usp=drivesdk

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Says I need access to it. Can you make it unlisted or public?
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Won’t play for me maybe try SoundCloud
  • Aleksooo7Aleksooo7 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 133
    I hope it's accessable now.
    Yep got it now. You've got good emotion in this song, there is a husky quality to your voice as well which will really shine once you are able to use it properly. There were notes out of pitch here and there but I think your general pitch is ok, you could follow the melody well enough, its a matter of practice and muscle memory for what the note feels like in your throat. 2 key things you can work on improving are the use of support and managing your air a bit better and not using so much of it. Adding air can be an artistic choice, but if you concentrate on using it minimally then later on you can decide how much or little to use for your performance. Thanks for taking the time to make this track accessible for us :smile:
    We'll, thanks for taking the time to listen to it))) I really appreciate it!
    I've been trying to work on open throat technique using good support. But the thing is that I can sing right after a good warm-up, but not in an hour or the next day. I don't feel like I'm developing any kind of muscle memory. Is there anything you can recommend?

Also I'm struggling to have a relaxation response even when I'm on my own, the throat just contracts and I can't sing at all ( even speak) because of a very pitchy voice.
    Are there any exercises you can recommend to relax my throat?
    Wigs said:

Yep got it now. You've got good emotion in this song, there is a husky quality to your voice as well which will really shine once you are able to use it properly. There were notes out of pitch here and there but I think your general pitch is ok, you could follow the melody well enough, its a matter of practice and muscle memory for what the note feels like in your throat. 2 key things you can work on improving are the use of support and managing your air a bit better and not using so much of it. Adding air can be an artistic choice, but if you concentrate on using it minimally then later on you can decide how much or little to use for your performance. Thanks for taking the time to make this track accessible for us :smile:

I would also like to develop the habit of speaking and singing using my resonators ( especially chest and mouth, the voice sounds really beautiful and relaxed). Can you recommend any exercises to open those resonators?
    Have you scrolled through all of Kens past YouTube videos, he has exercises in some of them, they are a gold mine of information and you can put them in a playlist to make a workout routine. Trying to mimic his sound and experimenting is a good way to get started.
    Wigs said:

Have you scrolled through all of Kens past YouTube videos, he has exercises in some of them, they are a gold mine of information and you can put them in a playlist to make a workout routine. Trying to mimic his sound and experimenting is a good way to get started.

Yes, I have. In most of the cases this is doing the scales with the sound "A". And it really works. But I was looking for something more. Anyway, thank you a million times for your feedback and attention. I've started writing my own songs (the recording above is an example of that) and need to know that I'm gifted enough to keep going.