Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Cheers from Germany........Hell yeeeaaah

Hi to everyone,
I hope that everybody is fine on this strange rock!? My Name is Thomas.
I'm looking forward to get a better singer with all of your pro or semi pro insights, Tips or hacks.
I was the Lead Singer in a Metalband for 18/20months, as I was 18 years Old.
Now, 26 yrs later, I had a really promising first session with a new Band a week ago, hopefully they'll choose me (out of 3).
I started singing at the age of 8/9 yrs. with Kiss, Maiden and Metallica, cause my older brother gave me some vinyl from his Collection. I was a scout for nearly 10yrs too, so I have gathered much experiences in many different genres. My Voice sounds unique, I was told, but mostly people say that it's a mix of Dickinson/Hetfield/and Me.
A huge "Metal up your ass" to all.
Stay safe, healthy and always Rock On.
Cheers from Düsseldorf
Thomas

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Thomas, welcome to the forum. are you doing vocal exercises?

would be nice to hear a recording at some point!

i am from Berlin, btw

• Options
    TearsOfTheDragon75TearsOfTheDragon75 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Klaus,
    doing some pings every now and then. But I usually sing a few hours daily. I'm practicing some Maiden and Dickinson stuff, like "Change of heart" and "Tears of the dragon" etc. .
    I will Upload something at the weekend if possible.
    Cheers to Berlin
    Best regards
    Rock On
    Thomas
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Hello to Düsseldorf from Corona Hotspot Kreis GT :D

Metallica sounds cool!
    Did you buy the course? Then you should get the students access here.

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    that's cool. looking forward to it! i really suggest you add some of Ken's free youtube videos to your daily practice. they help immensely (that's how i realized how good the course must be, and it was the best decision to buy it).

if you are serious about singing, i really suggest doing a little routine from the free videos, and be consistent about it, 5-6 days a week. you will be shocked how much even 2 weeks will do for you. if you go to my profile page, you can see the routine that convinced me that Ken is the man :)

the thing is, singing songs is not necessarily a good way to learn the foundations of singing, because there is so much going on. the exercises teach you much more, because there is a system behind it. you learn the craft from the foundation upwards, if that makes any sense

Grüsse nach Düsseldorf! :)
  • Options
    shining said:

Hello to Düsseldorf from Corona Hotspot Kreis GT :D

Metallica sounds cool!
    Did you buy the course? Then you should get the students access here.

Hi there,
    I can sing nearly every Metallica Song from the Albums "Kill em all" to some songs from "St. Anger", after St. Anger, I have'nt practised the New songs.
    Unfortunately I cannot afford The course atm, cause I have to move out, my girlfriend dismissed me a fortnight ago, so I have to wait til I can purchase the big package.
    Greetz
  • Options
    Klaus_T said:

that's cool. looking forward to it! i really suggest you add some of Ken's free youtube videos to your daily practice. they help immensely (that's how i realized how good the course must be, and it was the best decision to buy it).

if you are serious about singing, i really suggest doing a little routine from the free videos, and be consistent about it, 5-6 days a week. you will be shocked how much even 2 weeks will do for you. if you go to my profile page, you can see the routine that convinced me that Ken is the man :)

the thing is, singing songs is not necessarily a good way to learn the foundations of singing, because there is so much going on. the exercises teach you much more, because there is a system behind it. you learn the craft from the foundation upwards, if that makes any sense

Without sounding like an idiot:
    I guess i have established a quite good foundation over the years, and Yeah, I have done Ken's exercises the last 5-8 weeks, and I usually Male some warm ups before singing new or new adapted songs. You'll hear some stuff of me soon 😆😉
    Btw, no offense and yes Kens vids are top
  • Options
    Klaus_T said:

Hello again Klaus,

Meanwhile I’m at home now, and I looked up your routine vids, you‘ve got one more in there than I have had in mine.
    Added it now, and btw you‘re absolutely right. A few weeks of these excercises and you feel/hear that anyone will sing (some even just slightly) not just better, but much more relaxed --or should I say— with better understanding how to get your voice in a state where it is comfortable to you an feels natural.
    In February I was some notes lower when singing Tears of the Dragon, now I‘m able to reach all notes in there and even playing around to try to record it in one shot (perhaps as Acapella) like in the „Limousine Performance“.
    He killed both songs back then and has had a performance which was really outstanding.
    So when you want to improve you should watch those Vids Klaus have got at his wall, or which you can find on here or at Klaus site or at YouTube
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome mate, sounds like you are off to a good start :smile: