Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Jolene Karaoke demo - I AM GROWING MY CHEST!!!

Yes it's true. I used to have to go into head voice to hit the highest "Jolene" but not no more! Yay! What do you think? @Vocality, @doc_ramadani, @Wigs, @Chris82 @FurryMurry, @sjonrokz4u, and @Mysti. Thank you!

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I love hearing other people AHA moments! You've got good support and breath control on those upper notes, well done :smile:
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    I really liked your vibrato in this! Good pitch, good tempo! It's hard for me to find anything to critique really! Good Job!
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Nice chest voice on those high notes!
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    Oh wow so many comments today! OK let me respond to you all... @Wigs - thank you I have improved in all areas thanks to the workouts and I am working more on breath control now since I started watching the Volume 3 videos some and holding my breath while I sing. It is so interesting!!! @Chris82 - My vibrato has improved so much! I also was surprised by my ability to stay on tempo as well as I did LOL. Thank you! I think it's still a little pitchy which seems to be my Achilles heel. But I am getting so much better in this area too. @Mysti - It is so cool to hear/feel the changes! The program really works! Thank you! @coffeecrank - Thank you and yes I have issues with air but am learning and getting so much improvement from the course! It is so exciting! I was trying to do Miley's version LOL! At least I did not have to pick the "lower" version of it. Yeah she has so much power and now I can really appreciate it. She doesn't use as much vibrato as I did but I enjoy the vibrato and anyway it's my version!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Sounds good. Good tone pretty good pitch. The only thing I think should be pointed out, and maybe I’m sensitive to it cuz it’s been a constant struggle for me is, I think at times the timing is a little sketchy. I’ve struggled with timing with almost every song I’ve learned which is weird since I played Gtr and bass for years. Keep going getting better and better
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Good job on this! Nice tone and good pitch.
    And I can hear how happy, proud and confident you are when singing this song :)
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    You have been the hardest on me @sjonrokz4u to to have you say such good things is really nice. Yeah timing is hard for me even tho I play piano and my instructors always told me I had great rhythm (as a child anyway). I'm a really good dancer too but singing is another animal. @shining - thank you for liking my singing and yes I am feeling proud and confident because I am able to hit those high notes in my chest voice and it is fun to do so and it does feel good!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I wasn’t trying to be hard. I’m sorry. I’ve played Gtr and bass for years. Have done well enough to play overseas 7 times but I struggle greatly with timing so I understand lol. It’s a different animal lol. Keep up the good work