Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi Everyone! I'm Nina

NinaSTNinaST 2.0 PRO Posts: 91
Hi!

My name is Nina and I am a 27 year old girl from Belgium. (but moving to Japan soon)
I've had classical singing classes in my teens, but it's not really my style. (I did enjoy it, though.)
My goal is to be able to sing in a female 80's hard rock style. (I think Gabriela Gunčíková is a great example.)
I love all kinds of music artists like Prince or Shakira, but my favorite style is Japanese rock from the 80's/90's like X-Japan, Luna Sea, Vow wow or Loudness.

Nice to meet you all!

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Hi now Nina. Welcome. Back in the late 90s in my guitar days I played in Belgium and japan. Great places. And loudness.... very cool
  • NinaSTNinaST 2.0 PRO Posts: 91
    Hi! Thanks! :D Japan and Belgium, that's cool! :D It's my dream to have live performances in Japan one day! :D (I don't care so much about Belgium haha)
    What was the name of your band? I will check it out!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    They were just cover bands playing for the military. I doubt there’s any web presence. The one in Belgium was called 16 city blocks and the one in japan was rollin thunder
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the forum 🙂
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi Nina! I hope you have an awesome time in Japan. Such an interesting country and culture there. Do you speak Japanese?

Enjoy the forum. Loads of information to be found here, and a nice little community who are always prepared to help out.

All the best,

Ben
  • NinaSTNinaST 2.0 PRO Posts: 91
    Thanks a lot Bentk!
    Yeah, I studied Japanese in university, but didn't finish it. I can speak quite fluently with my friends, though.

The forum seems to be really interesting. I am currently unemployed, so I have a lot of spare time to discover all the topics! :D