Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

I found the courage to finally share a song to my Facebook friends - Santeria by Sublime

I got a ton of positive comments on this one but wanted to share with you all too and see what you think since friends and family tend to say it's good even if it's not. I love singing this song though! Such a fun tune!

https://www.smule.com/recording/sublime-santeria/2005406562_3639906605

@Michael4000 @doc_ramadani @Vocality @Wigs @coffeecrank @shining @d1g2w3 @jmstanle @sjonrokz4u @Klaus_T @LumiMoon @maximgottmer @Gunnar364 @DogMeat

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Sounds good man. I’ve been doing this song for a couple months I sing it a little differently but I like some of the things your doing better than some of the things I’m doing. I see your struggling with the different timings of the “my baby” lines so you’ve rounded them off and do each one the same. Lol. I had to do the same thing. It is definitely a fun song. Sounds good!!
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    edited July 2020
    Nice! Good pitch and tone. My one suggestion is to add more grit and attitude into the line "his punk ass!!"

I love this song...the beauty of it is that it's such a happy little ditty with such violent lyrics. I once read a YouTube comment that said, this song makes me want to sip lemonade and shoot someone in the face. Funny.

I posted this song on the Forum back in October, I'll put the link below. I lowered it quite a bit. I lowered it by 4 half steps. I don't think I would do that now, my voice has grown quite a bit since then.

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/12262/santeria#

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I think you can trust your friends on this one. Very good job jumping from the low to higher parts and keeping good pitch!
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    edited July 2020
    @Chris82

Nice job Chris sounded very natural suited your voice and yes the pitch/melody was very accurate. Takes nerves steel to share a first song on facebook none of my renditions done so far warrant that milestone but sure you'll get great feedback on that song.

Good progress well done!!
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Sounds great @Chris82 . I also posted my first video to Facebook friends couple of weeks back. 95% of people i know was blown away that i even sing, not to even mention that i would post anything publically :smiley:
    It was fun, and now i spam them constantly :smiley:
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    sounding good! maybe you could reduce the consonants in the first half, but maybe you already had your FB friends in mind and tensed up a little bit. you seemed to relax more as it progressed.

great job!

• LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    Wow! This was great! I loved it. Great grit thrown in there and I could really see the open throat technique in action. Awesome.
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Thank you everyone! It's great to hear that it's not just my friends and family being nice. I've had concerns with this song, I performed it at Karaoke like 8 months ago and had the friends I was with be honest and tell me it wasn't too good so I've been kind of iffy about performing it again but I did practice it a ton a more.
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    @Chris82 - sounded easy breezy. It was enjoyable to listen to. You have such a nice vibrato I love when you hold out a note with it. I guess you could try more attitude like people are saying and just play around with it. Maybe put some acting into it - be the character and get angry when required..., etc. But you are excellent singer so do it your way. LOL.
    @Chris82 off topic but I see all your avalanche stuff. My blues play you in the first round. We’re gonna put you down as we return for back to back Stanley cups!! Go Blues!! But still a nice job lol. Sorry. Couldn’t pass it up
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @sjonrokz4u Sorry the cups ours this year! Even if we loose I don’t care as long as hockey is back!
    You guys made us look dumb with the .01 on the clock goal. Nice job. If it can’t be us I’ll be rooting for you guys since you’ve got our old paulie walnuts (stastney)
  • BlackBoltBlackBolt Member Posts: 3
    I also sing on smule. Awsome singing brotha🤘🏻😈🤘🏻
  • NicolasGralewiczNicolasGralewicz Member Posts: 42
    edited August 2020
    Dang! First off, I LOVE the song! Very nostalgic of grade 6 and 7 lol. Anyway, your singing is good, you do a good job matching the style of the original while adding your own flair and not being scared of the sound of your own voice! For a bit of constructive criticism, try lightening up your tone on higher notes they occasionally sound pushed
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Very nice, @Chris82. The best thing about this is you captured the overall feel of the song, so it is enjoyable to listen to. Good job!