Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Queen - I Want To Break Free (cover)

Hello, I'm doing some Ken Tamplin's vocal exercises that I found on his YouTube channel.
I tried to sing this song, what do you think ?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e_4adGmk4gsQHaBHyxGo6KBf-nKf0ynO/view

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Zeki, good that you started working with Ken's material.

your voice sounds interesting, and well done with the cover. you do sound a bit strained though, i think i hear a lot of tension, and also maybe even a bit of distortion.

Ken teaches to sing without tension. also, you should learn how to sing clean first and use good support, otherwise, the distortion might be bad for your voice.

Keep doing your exercises, they do work!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You've got some good cord closure for those high notes, but they aren't open in the throat. I can hear though that if you practice properly for many months that you will be able to sing this in a more healthy way. How do you feel after you sing it?
  • ZekiZeki Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2020
    @Wigs When I sing high notes I feel tension in my throat and sometimes even in my jaw. I wanted to add more power but it sounds like I'm straining. Also, I'm not sure if I'm breathing properly when I sing.
    I agree with you that I need a lot of practice. Thanks for the support !
  • ZekiZeki Member Posts: 22
    @Klaus_T I wanted to add a little bit of distortion to sound more heavy, however I agree with you that I sing with tension. When I sing low is ok but with high notes I strain. Thanks for the support !