Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Karaoke of Journey Open Arms with video!

https://www.smule.com/recording/journey-open-arms/2420546242_3669177284

It does seem to have enhanced my voice some....

I would appreciate your comments: @Vocality, @doc_ramadani, @Wigs, @Chris82 @FurryMurry, @sjonrokz4u, @Mysti, @Gunnar364, @DogMeat, @Michael4000

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Good work girl!! It wasn’t perfect but pretty close and I think as you sing it more the imperfections will work themselves out. The biggest thing I’d say to help (and by the way I couldn’t sing that) is planning. I’m working on a song that keeps me at the top of my range and uses a lot of wind, the more I mess with it the more I find I need to discover more places I can get a better breath so think that through a little bit as you work on it but be proud. Probably your best outing
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    @sjonrokz4u Thank you! I was a little shy to show my face... LOL I'm learning it on the keyboard also... It is weird but it seemed lower than I thought. Must be my chest voice growth. Yay! Yeah I do have a hard time with planning as I just keep doing the voice workouts and then once in a while I try to sing a song... So yeah, although I have sang this with the CD (along with all the other Journey songs) this is the first time I have recorded. But hey - I did use the ear phones and it did help!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Ok so I don’t want this to come off weird or harassing or anything so I hope you don’t take it that way but your a very pretty girl don’t be shy to show your face. Also, you’d be amazed when you take the time to set yourself up for success by planning the song out a bit in advance how much it helps. For me at least it’s crucial. I can’t speak to the headphones as I’ve only done it a handful of times for a couple recordings. I much prefer practice with a monitor but keep doing that song and getting yourself prepared for where and when to breath and what it takes to get through the hard parts and it’ll be awesome
    @sjonrokz4u I appreciate your kind words and for sharing how you prepare. Unfortunately, for me, it is like ripping off a band-aid (recording myself) I just want to get it over with. Which means I need to do it more to overcome whatever the fear is. I actually try not to think too much. I would prefer to be good enough to "wing it" that is how I enjoy playing keyboard is to just improvise instead of actually learn. I don't like to think too much when in the art. That I why I hope doing the workouts will just fix everything so it's just muscle memory. And in a way that is happening but I see your point of using my brain as well. LOL
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I understand your reluctance to show your face, I was the same until I loaded my first scales in the student area. I waited a year before even putting anything up into the open area!

This song takes a ton of support which you will grow if you keep up your exercises. Rounding some of the top notes and not bringing the weight up will make them more managable. Could you even imagine singing this before you started the course? Smule does have alot of cool effects on it that I've heard but I've never used the site myself. Seems good if you don't have studio gear, make sure you carefully check how each feature affects your vocals.

Good emotion as well 👍🏼
    @Wigs - You are correct, I could not have imagined singing this song using only my chest voice, which I am doing, before the course. That is a miracle! I love this course. It is helping me in so many ways I can't believe the information we are getting, the knowledge we are receiving, it is like secrets revealed. LOL I love it! Thanks for noticing the emotion!