Home Vocal Health and Wellness

can small vocal nodules go away with time?

Jack12343212Jack12343212 Member Posts: 9
edited August 2020 in Vocal Health and Wellness
i've been struggling with this for some time now, my voice sounds scratchy (especially on lower volumes), i went to an ENT but he said that I don't have any form of nodules but I didn't trust that so i took a picture on my own and i seem to have small nodules but im lost on what im supposed to do, vocal rest or surgery or smthin else? here's the photo i took with my phone

https://ibb.co/SwJZj24

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Wow how did you take that picture
  • Jack12343212Jack12343212 Member Posts: 9

Wow how did you take that picture

it's easy if your phone's camera is in the corner, clean it well beforehand tho, lock the auto focus too.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i don't know if you have nodules from that photo, but you might want to look into the voice repair course Ken has just launched
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Jack12343212,

I send you a warm Welcome to the Forums. Thanks for providing the nice picture. Amazing quality, but I think it would be good to have a strobe exam too. I am a Medical Doctor and I am singing myself with Ken's course now for more than 2 years.

What I can see from the picture is that you have small, nearly typical singers' nodules. Normally they appear in the mid third of the vocal cords. And to answer your question: yes, they can go away but you should really overthink your singing (and speaking) technique. These singers' nodules come from oversinging and drying out your vocal cords.

I would recommend to visit an ENT and check it with a strobe exam, too.

Doc
  • messi528messi528 Member Posts: 2
    Hello. I wanted to ask about the humidity about singing. My new home as a student at university has 70% humidity while my previous one in which I used to live with my parents had 40-45% humidity. In the first one ( with 70% ) my voice started getting heavy and I couldn't do runs with ease. In the second one with 40-45% humidity I think that my voice sounds at its best ( the best it can be ) . But as I read articles about humidity and singing I started being worried because they say that humidity is good and singers use humidifes for their voices. But, probably is this for very dry houses? I mean, does the high humidity ( 70% ) affect negatively the voice or not? I have searched for information and I just found about steamers but they say that steamers should be used for 10 minutes per day. So I guess that high humidity does good but not 24 hours a day. Please answer if you are SURE whether 24 hour high humidity ( 70% ) does harm the voice or not
  • skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    The golden rule keep your self hyderated
    Take some sip of water during warm ups and during the course of the day
    Don't think about humidity%
    But if your throat feels dry have a glass full
    Hope it helps
    Happy singing