Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Kumbaya (A Cappella)

Hi Every 1! This one is hot off the press! I just finished mastering this one a few minutes ago and uploaded it to Soundcloud right away! It's been a long time since I uploaded something, so I guess now is as good a time as any!

I had a few ideas for some folk songs I wanted to do, and this was one of them. The hardest part was trying to figure out the harmonies, which takes awhile for me since I don't know much music theory.

I'm really trying to improve with each song, as I am trying to get ready to start making music for Spotify, etc. So if any of you have any constructive criticism for me please don't hesitate to share it. I'm still learning new things every day. I know that @Wigs, @Chris82, and @Diego have been very helpful with regard to my previous uploads. If you aren't too busy, maybe look at this one too. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This was much better overall compared to your last. It's inspiring me to try something like this!
  • Options
    FurryMurryFurryMurry 2.0 PRO Posts: 56
    edited August 2020
    Wassup @Wigs! :smile:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I got serious about honing my mixing skills with some courses from RecordingRevolution. I'm very happy with how this track turned out.

That would be awesome if you did some a cappella! One of the reasons I love the genre is because it's always a treat to hear all the creative ways that people make sounds! I would suggest you start with Pro Tools First, which is the free version of pro tools. It has a limit of how many tracks you can have, but you can always work around that by mixing down some of your tracks together into a single track. The other caveat is that you can't use 3rd party plugins, but the stock plugins and effects that come with it are amazing! Ex. All the reverbs and delays in this track are done with the stock plugins!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @FurryMurry Thanks for sharing. Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you I've been abcent from the forums for awhile now and trying to catch up on all the @tags. This was great! No really I'm not just saying that, it was wonderful!
  • Options
    FurryMurryFurryMurry 2.0 PRO Posts: 56
    Chris82 said:

@FurryMurry Thanks for sharing. Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you I've been abcent from the forums for awhile now and trying to catch up on all the @tags. This was great! No really I'm not just saying that, it was wonderful!

Welcome back @Chris82!
    Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you like it!
  • Options
    GidpickerGidpicker 2.0 PRO Posts: 22
    Sounded Great.
    I really enjoyed it.

Terry
  • Options
    Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
  • Options
    heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144