Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Renea045 demos

This discussion was created from comments split from: how to insert audio clips of singing?.

Comments

• ReneaRenea Member, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 23
    Hello, I have most of my recordings on starmaker and smule am I in the right place and how do I do that I'm a member have not bought course yet
    Thank Renea044
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    @Renea045 If you have your songs on smule, you can copy the link and post it in your own discussion.
    What about on starmaker Ii just commented to him I have over 1200 songs where I started where I am from being on here on starmaker#Renea044 this is all new to me am anxious for whomever to listen so I can be better !! I'm so excited I can copy and paste ken if u get some time to go on there or anybody that would be great. Thank u all so much
    Unfortunately most here won't go to another website or signup to something just to listen to a demo, sorry. Hopefully you can figure out a way to get a link working here, even if it's recording you singing on your phone to a YouTube karaoke track, just experiment with how loud your voice is compared to the music, it's better to have slightly louder vocals if you want some advice on your technique.
    That's ok I think I know how to do I'm working on thank u so much I'm new to all this and bit confusing
    edited September 2020
    This just for range https://www.smule.com/p/1215162246_3729249791thank u all for time to listen,feedback.
    I finally figure out thanks for the help

I created this into a seperate discussion for you.

I listened to your demo of journey. Was this one of your more recent songs? You have a nice voice and some good clarity in there. When you went to your head voice on the high note you had good pretty cord closure and control, it's sometime difficult to tell when someone adds a bit of air for effect in a song. Your mid register was well controlled as well, where you had trouble and went off pitch a few times was around your passagio and your throat wasn't sure if it should bring more chest or stay in head. This trouble area many people have and you should spend time growing it with exercises such as chest stretching scales. Check out @Klaus_T page for a list of Ken's YT videos you can start training with.

Good job overall, if you keep working at it you will be able to get this song even better 🙂
    Thank u so much but when I do the same after a few days my mix in that range my voice shake so bad I gave top back off. I've lost my head voice now I'm struggling to get back. So I found some different exercises I definitely cant do same everyday sometimes I dont always get what I need to do his two different exercises that I do repeatedly I nail all that everytime I know there is something im missing not getting that will make all the difference thank u
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    You’ve got a nice tone. I thought it sounded especially nice on “Shallow”. It suits that song well. Just keep working on pitch and melody, because you lose it in spots. In addition to Wigs’ suggestions, perhaps slowing down the song and tackling the rough spots line by line making sure your support is in tact will help smooth things out. Keep rocking!
    How do I stop my voice shaking so bad so after I sing for hours it will to keep going I'll go back and 10 minute mixed voice exercises so frustrating. Honestly I'm winging it
    Give your body and voice time to grow. Shaking for me usually starts to happen once I cant keep my support strong. Build up the strength and stamina.
    Well can we post a demo on progress or questions on what I think i need to work on and get ur confirmation and opinion on if I'm understanding the concept.
    We will try and answer your questions best we can. If you can do the exercises mentioned above for a couple weeks before posting, I think you'll find the questions you want to ask will change.