Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

It's been two months. What do you think? Check out the recording

It's been almost two months of training, mostly doing lah scales. I decided to go ahead and post the song. I'm interested in the way I sound. Am I on pitch, is the sound well-supported? The tone?

I've been training relentlessly.

P.S. I didn't hit the hight note properly at the end of the recording, just because I didn't want to disturb my neighbors))) but I can absolutely do it))) don't be too hard on that))

Comments

• RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Keep practicing! I’m hearing the beginning of some pretty good tone. Your timing and melody were nice. Work hard on pitch, though. You’re falling flat on many of the notes. And it sounds like English is not your native language. Pay close attention to the pronunciation within the original recording. Your “y”s, “r”s, and “d”s will sound “off” to someone for whom English is his first language.
  • Aleksooo7Aleksooo7 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 133
    Thanks for the feedback)))
    English is indeed not my first language.
    I'll keep that in mind.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Now that you have started training, don't stop! This is where you have a chance to really start developing your voice, there is good ground work laid, but still lots of refining to do. Concentrate very hard on pitch and keeping a bright sound in your exercises, you are doing well 🙂
    Please check this one out. I've been working on my accent and open throat.
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/itgu
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Its harder to compare your technique with different songs. I could hear you didn't match the melody of the song very closely. Practice the song with just the vowels to keep your throat open.
  • PlavalagunaPlavalaguna Member Posts: 4
    I hear some tone coming through! Now it’s time to download a pitch tuning app and slow that song down so you can practice timing, pitch, and breath control at a snail’s pace and gradually speed it up as your brain makes incremental adjustments. Don’t try to rush it. Think in terms of months and years. Keep working on fine tuning your voice daily as if your life depends on it and I promise you won’t regret it. Honestly, tone is probably the most difficult thing to obtain and you have a wonderful natural tone brother. Keep it up!
    My life does depend on it, believe me))))
    Thanks for sharing your feedback!!
    I'll keep going.