Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Creedance song

Could I have some feedback please excuse recording on singing in background http://youtu.be/kum9AYIBJjo

Comments

• RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Are you trying to match John Fogerty’s pitch or harmonize with him? For much of the song it sounds like you’re almost singing a third above his vocals and I’m not sure if that’s intentional or not. Regardless you’ve to work a bit on your pitch. You do have a pretty pleasant tone, but it does sound like you need a bit more support. I would recommend you find a karaoke track for that song and sing it again. Also, have you ever posted “lah triad scales” in both chest voice and bridging? That would help insure you’re getting the best advice.
  • WayneWayne 2.0 PRO Posts: 62
    Thanks very much for your advice RandyB I will take it onboard I appreciate it.Iam having trouble recording on my phone when I do the karaoke version as I lose volume and you can hardly hear me.Thanks again
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    If you can play YouTube through your tv with the karaoke track, just have it gently in the background so we can hear it for a reference. Then be closer to your phone so it's easy to hear your voice. For feedback on vocals there's no need to have it balanced with the music, it makes it easier to hear exactly how you are singing.

I think you are actually singing lower than the original melody, either way there is alot of room for your support to grow. For alot of the song I think you are staying in your speaking register, and only start to touch the call on the phrase "I know". Think of a classroom where all the kids are talking and the teacher wants their attention, they will call out "Ok quiet down!" It's not a shout, but a commanding tone that carries far.

I'll delete your other post with the same track.
    Thank you Wigs great advice. your right, it feels like I am staying a lot in my speaking register for fear of cracking or singing off pitch I think .Also I don't have much confidence but I will try what you said .Thanks Wayne

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I had alot of trouble with my call register as well when I started. Keep doing the scales to improve and stretch it 👍🏼