Home The Singer's Lobby

A Few Questions

ReyReyReyRey Member Posts: 2
Hello,
Will I ever ( after years of practice) be able to belt a mixed f5? Unfortunately for me, all of my favourite songs seem to have e-g5 belts- something which I have read on many places is impossible for a man. But I have seen videos of some people going that high and even higher. Will this be possible for me with enough time?
Also, when I do purchase KTVA (waiting for money at the moment), do I go through the 3 volumes before any of the webinars, or are some of the webinars (eg. Head Voice) supposed to be done during the course of the 3 volumes?
Thank you!

Comments

• voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    KTVA provides the way to achieve what you are looking for.  Many of us on this forum can hit those notes without going to head voice.  The Volume 3 chest workout has at least one exercise that goes to an A5.  You will need to start with Vol 1 and do that until you reach the criteria for moving to Vol 2, etc.  You can certainly watch the webinars for greater understanding and maybe incorporate some things a little quicker (some early vibrato exercises for example), but you will need to wait on advanced things like working head voice and glottal compression until you have built up to it.  You can damage your voice by going for too much too early (do the Vols in sequence and no worries).  If you want to unlock your potential and have a great voice and are willing to work for that goal, it is here.   Good luck to you.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey, @ReyRey,

Nice to meet you.

Will you be able to belt a mixed F5?  That remains to be seen.  We don't even know what you sound like or what your range is right now.  What we do know is that if you do Ken's program and follow his instructions, your voice will GROW like it's never grown before. 

Some only make it to a G4 and give up.  Some only make it to a C5 and give up.  Some only make it to an Eb5 and give up.  It's up to you and in part, up to your physical capabilities, but largely your final outcome will depend upon your dedication and hard work.  It's not easy, and it's not for the lazy, but it is very rewarding. 

You will not find another program that even comes close to KTVA if you are looking to build a professional-quality voice, especially in the range that you want to attain. 

So is it possible?  YOU BET IT IS!  But you will have to really work at it.  You're wanting to be able to sing in the range of some of the most powerful singers in the world.  If you are physically capable of hitting those notes, KTVA will get your voice in shape to belt them out.  You may want to work the DIVAS exercises to work those notes into your musculature.  If you buy one of the KTVA Bundles, the DIVAS exercises will be included.

Definitely go for a KTVA Bundle that includes all three Volumes, One, Two, and Three.  You get so much bonus material your head will spin!  The webinars are available to enrolled students anytime you want to refer to them.  They mostly expand on the information that is included in the three volumes, and include question and answer exchanges between Ken and students.

Good luck, and we'll see you soon!

Bob

• ReyReyReyRey Member Posts: 2
    If it is possible for me then I guarantee guarantee I will work for it ! Would you suggest doing vol 1 dudes, then divas before going to volume 2, or would you suggest doing all 3 dude volumes and the divas oneS after. 
    I'd also love to know how high head voice can get with this program ( I'd love a C#6 for Ain't no Way- ambitious I know!). Is that also a case of putting in the work (within reason- I'm not expecting coloratura soprano capabilities! Although how awesome would that be?) or is head voice voice range more down to natural ability?
    Thank you you so much for taking time out of your days to answer my questions- I really appreciate it, and I am now certain that KTVA is the program for me and I'll be buying the bundle when I have enough money for it.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@ReyRey,

As to including the Divas workouts before or after doing all three volumes, that would depend on your range.  Certainly you should start with the Dudes exercises and complete a lengthy exercise regimen on them.  If you find that the Dudes exercises are just SO EASY for you that you are about to fall asleep, then add the Divas exercises and take them up however far you are comfortable on them.  You can use them as an aid to stretching chest also, as they extend much higher than the Dudes exercises.  Just stop and wait for them to go back down in pitch before jumping back in on the Divas exercises.

Your hope for a C#6 IS attainable, but not for everybody.  We're talking about sqeaking near dolphin frequencies.  It also depends on your resolve to push your limitations beyond their present boundaries.  It's not necessarily a walk in the park to get there. 

Aim high and really try, and you will surprise yourself.

Bob