Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Hey y'all, just looking for some feedback on this vocal performance on my demo

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    There's some really good things going on here. Cord closure is very good and it sounds like you are supporting well enough. The attitude and delivery works well for the song.

You will want to tighten up your pitch though, through out the track you miss it every so often. When you layer the vocals is it just doubled and delayed? It makes for a strange listening experience. Ideally you record a seperate track for each layer so it's not so much of a competing echo if you are going for a sound of multiple vocals.
  • Options
    KingofoodKingofood 2.0 PRO Posts: 32
    edited October 2020
    Sounds good, I'm just going to turn the delay down a lot. I don't think it is needed as much as there is on there. Thank you for the feedback
  • Options
    jaclynserjaclynser Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 262
    There is a lot going on in this. It sounds like the bass and one of the guitars is being played on top of a track. Reason I say this is because some of the instrumentation is quite sloppy, while some of it in the background sounds right. Also, one of the guitars is really out of tune.

Vocals- yes get rid of the delay. When you say this is a vocal performance on your demo, what is the demo for? is it being submitted to an agency or anything? Or just for your own records? Reason I ask, is if this is just for your own records of growth than this will be a great thing to look back on to see your progress. If this is to be submitted to an agency or venue, I recommend not sending this. It's just not ready.

Your pitch and tone needs a lot of work and the band needs tightening up. Slow everything down, slow your vocals down to almost ballad speed while you are rehearsing it on your own to make sure your pitch is spot on. If there is a note you aren't quite sure about, don't just sing through it and ignore it, spend lots of time to figure out exactly what the note should be and then go over it and over it until you've built it into your ear and muscle memory. It is a slow and sometimes annoying process, but it will be well worth it in the end.

Keep working hard and always be extremely nit-picky with your work. :)
    Jackie