Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

“Gethsemane” from JCS

RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
KTVA crew, I’ve been working on “Gethsemane” from Jesus Christ Superstar originally recorded by Ian Gillan of Deep Purple. I’ve finally laid down a version I’m fairly pleased with and would like the critical input of the KTVA family to help me really take it over the top. Thanks for everything, guys! @wigs @Elara @highmtn @sjonrokz4u @Furious_Phil @maximgottmer @doc_ramadani

https://www.smule.com/p/2547129935_3805328113

Comments

• maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Man! what a surprise! Great singing you sound like a pro! Great music and lots of emotion in your singing. You kept me from the start to the end. The last long note could have a bit of vibrato at the and maybe. But it is all about expression in this song and not about singing with virbrato :)

On the technical side.
    Your voice is a bit on top of the music. Maybe turn the music a bit louder or your voice softer?
    Thanks for sharing, sounds great. Good luck, Maxim.
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    @maximgottmer Thanks, and duly noted on the vocal level.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This is a demanding song that takes your voice several places, if it was one take then it's impressive. While you followed the melody fairly close, your pitch needs to tighten up a fair bit and your support still needs time to grow. I can see now why you chose those song assignments, your higher range sounds pretty effortless 🙂
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    @wigs Thanks for the assessment. I had to re-record the end because it differed from the album version I’d been listening and practicing to. So, I think I can do it in a single take now. And I agree with the other issues you pointed out. Time to put in more work.
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Sounds good. And I like the emotion that you put into the song!
  • jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141