Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hey, From Fran in Florida

I just purchased the Pro Pack. I’ve been singing and playing the piano almost my whole life. My mom started me with piano lessons at the age of four.

I’m a sixty year old who is tired of just sounding “pretty”. I’d like to learn the ability to sound “Pretty Gritty”. I’m a New Orleans native that would like a little soul injected into my music, and not just the food I cook.

I’m already feeling a bit intimidated and discouraged as my mouth will not physically do the lip rolls. But, I’m determined. Hope to get a chance to learn from all of you.

Comments

• Hamza_RHamza_R 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    Welcome!!
    I know how you feel. Vocals can be super tricky to master. I've only been practicing for about 8-9 months and there's still so much to learn. The first few months were definitely stressful tho xD. Hope your vocal journey goes well!

• frntaceefrntacee 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Thanks for your encouragement and for my first response! I’m not afraid to actually sing, but these lip burbles are royally embarrassing...and hilarious.
  • Hamza_RHamza_R 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    edited November 2020
    frntacee said:

Thanks for your encouragement and for my first response! I’m not afraid to actually sing, but these lip burbles are royally embarrassing...and hilarious.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to do the lip drills hahaha, so I just do the tongue exercise to warm up my voice. It seems to work quite well for me.

Awesome to hear that. I was super afraid to sing in front of a camera, until I realized that its the only way I can get good feedback :sweat_smile:
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi and welcome to the course :smile: Keep trying the burbles and check in the lip roll category for some explanations of how others managed to do it. Its not big deal, some people take longer than others. Im actually 1 month in to my piano journey and about 2 1/2 years into my singing journey.