Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How do I build vocal agility?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any exercise or tips on building vocal agility in all registers. I would assume we would start by building vocal agility in our chest voice, then work our way up to head and then the segundo passagio area. I know a lot of pop singers tend to move their jaw a little our bob their head up and down to get a trill, but I don't believe this is good technique. Also, a lot of pop singers are using autotune to enhance runs, trills, licks, riffs, etc. If anyone has exercises or tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    Im not sure whether im right or not...but when i first start playing riff and runs, i start it at a slow pace..and little by little i start to lean in into the speed and gain control over it..make sure you are using your support and had control over your voice when doing a vocal runs..

Anyway, im just sharing a tip and im still learning myself..but the tips that i give you its helps me a lot..good luck😃
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    As I said in the other post if your not taking kens course look on YouTube he has many free videos on there
  • LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    In the course you'll start with medium speed scales and as you progress through the volumes the scales get faster which builds your agility
  • EmanueleEmanuele 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    Hey,

I am doing Ken's course. Basically at the beginning I slowed down the scales but then, day after day, I increased the speed just to arrive to the one that was intended.

And I am starting to notice that my vocal agility is improving a little bit.

Hope it helps!