Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Any Advice?

I started singing a few months ago and I'd like to have some advice on what I could be doing better.

https://youtu.be/XuOdl_vLdBk

Comments

• SkylarSkylar 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 89
    @Tucker

HI! Okay so, I'm probably not the best person to give advice for improvement, as I haven't been doing the course for long, but I can tell that you are not starting from square one. You've got a natural voice! and that's great because it gives you a foundation to improve on but also to start from!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Do you have the course? If not that’d be my advice
  • TuckerTucker Member Posts: 2

Do you have the course? If not that’d be my advice

I do not have the course and currently it's a bit out of my budget.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Check our member @Klaus_T he has a list of kens YouTube videos that he used for his practice before he bought the course
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    If you are serious about getting better, you need to treat singing like anything else to get better. What I mean by this is use the routine like @sjonrokz4u mentioned to have a daily exercise routine where you concentrate on fundamental skills. Just singing songs will give you some improvements but not to the same extent as focused exercises. Just like sports have drills, so does singing.

You are starting from a good foundation. This song takes alot of breath control with some long phrases so you probably feel like you start to run out of breath in some parts. Proper singing actually uses less air (unless for effect), you want to control your breath and create a good resonant or pinging tone. Your general pitch is good, the are notes within the song that need more exactness, this can be very hard but it needs to be done.

Thanks for sharing mate, I hope with a regular routine you see improvements. It's not a matter of a few weeks then you're awesome. It's more a few months then you realise you're better, then it's years chasing perfection. 🙂