Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How can I wake up my diaphragm? Recommend exercises please

Hi! On some days I feel that I can't get my abdomen to work. Because of that I strain myself. Poor neck and my vocal chords.

The same lah scales, but it sometimes seems really impossible fiil my rib cage with the air.

I can't figure out what the problem is.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    On the days you do get it to work pay very close attention to the sensations and what going on. You need to get muscle memory before it will work for you all the time. There will be good and bad days as well even once you have understood how to use it.
  • Aleksooo7Aleksooo7 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 133
    Sometimes when the air is in, my rib cage expands very easily and I can feel my resonation. But on other days I just hurt my neck and chords. The harder I try the harder I burn the muscles)))

I can only get a good tone when I do my workout with the low laryngeal position.
    It takes a lot of strength in the abdomen to get there. It's really frustrating when I fail to place my voice where I need it.

But once it's there, it's an amazing feeling of warmth, ease. And the tone starts to sound beautiful and big.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    If you’re only getting it sometimes keep working. It’s trying to come to you