Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Here comes the sun Beatles cover

I wonder what you guys think of my performance.
all tips or critics are welcome

https://youtu.be/aXfSxrJjvaM

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I only listened on my phone but I could barley hear your voice over the Gtr. But the Gtr was nice
  • esequiboesequibo Member Posts: 47
    u kinda look like john lennon, i just think that you are singing the song in the wrong octave, i'm sure it's one octave above. guitar playing was good, i also think your tone is good.
  • MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
    @sjonrokz4u I also doubted about the vocal volume. on speakers they are more clearly but probebly I can turn them up next time. thanks!
    @esequibo a John Lennon lookalike :D thanks! I do play it in another key and have my guitar tuned lower. Personally I think it fits my voice better and an octave higher is way too high for me...
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Always impressed seeing someone play and sing at the same time. You did the song justice and it was enjoyable to listen to. I prefer covers to be in the original key but it still sounded good to me!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You sang the song pretty well in pitch. While you could have turned your vocal up just a touch, I think a better approach would be to sing with your mouth more open for your vowels. Your voice is having to travel through you teeth alot of the times. Try and approach your vowels in a similar way that you do scales.

Ive just started piano and singing so I get that alot of coordination is required to keep everything going well, your support needs more attention especially as you and the phrases, remember to stay in the breath.

Your tone is good, and your resonance in your lower voice is coming through, but again, if you open up it will really help cut through the mix. I also like the double mike for the guitar for the aural experience :smile:
  • MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
    thanks @Wigs you're right I need to open up more. I keep having trouble with that. I will keep working on that and also the support. Thanks for listening and the advice
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Good singing and guitar playing!