Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

idontwannabeyouanymore- Billie Eilish Cover

Hey everyone, I'm back!

With another Billie Eilish cover 😊
Let me know what you think!

I've been posting a lot more on YouTube and have more covers on my channel if you want to check it out :)

https://youtu.be/4upUzstmvAg

Comments

• Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Just lovely @Maia ! I can tell you’ve really connected with this song. Great dynamics in your voice all the way. Soft when needed, rich and powerful when needed. Anyone ever tell you that you sound like Gwen Stefani? I think you could really sing the heck out of “Underneath it All”
  • Options
    esequiboesequibo Member Posts: 47
    Ok.thats pretty similar to Billie eilish style of singing. I think her tone is slightly less bright than yours or she just whispers more than u do.

U sounded on pitch. Maybe a bit off in some parts but nothing to be worried about. U know, it makes me think of that version Miley Cyrus did of Billie eilish I can't remember the name atm but to me it sounded better than the original. Cuz Miley was putting the balls on it. Like belting and so on. Please stop bedroom rock.

To each their own right.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Smart choices with your contagious phrasing to keep your throat open Maia. Are you playing the piano? Sometimes it looks like you are and I can never really tell.

My comments are actually based more on the post production side of things. I suggest watching alot of you tube about vocal recording and EQ techniques.

This is a video I started with, even if you dont uses garage band, if you can adjust eq in your program, it all still applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoSCP_Ag7mw

I can see you have gotten yourself a bit of new gear, and to make your voice shine will need a bit of work once you have finished recording. Not in the auto tune department, but purely because that's how it works when you start to layer your vocals onto a track. You want to make sure it sounds like it sits in the mix and that for the most part your vocal and the instrument or tracking track dont over power each other.

This will help elevate the production value of your videos. Keep going strong :smile:
  • Options
    Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Sounds good. Nice tone and phrasing.