Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Finding My Voice

Hello I am not sure if I will get a response or if this the correct place to ask this. I have been doing vocal practice with the KTVA starter exercises for 2 and 1/2 months. The course has been encouraging. I've noticed improvements in my voice but I still cant find MY singing voice. I play guitar and sing but I'm always out of tune so I use a capo to better myself I just dont know where to put the cap because I dont know where is my voice is at. I am very new to singing and its terminology. I'm trying to find my voice. I feel that once I find it I have a base to work out of. The voice exercise help but I feel like I'm just doing that to do it without knowing where my voice is. Any help? Comments or critics? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

-Fabio

Comments

• Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    It takes time keep doing the course and eventually you will it just takes time
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I didn't really find my voice until after about 6 months. I could tell that the exercises were improving my tone and even after a few weeks of training I got compliments that I sounded much better, but finding your voice in the beginning takes time. I saw that you already posted your scales for feed back and that is really the best way to gauge where you are at and if you are doing things correctly. Once you reach consistency in pitch and ping you will begin to make discoveries. You will find and remember placements and pockets and your own unique singing voice will begin to make itself apparent. The more you practice and get to know your voice, the more it helps.

Trust in the process, keep posting scales every 4 to 6 weeks to stay on track and always have a curious mind with what you are doing. We can help you get there :smile:
  • Options
    Fmartinez421Fmartinez421 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 36
    Thanks a million!