Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Vocal Analysis

Hello.
A few months ago, I started using Ken's free videos to excercise my voice. I haven't done the excercises for a few months. My voice sounds a bit different now and I cannot place my finger on what I'm doing wrong.
This was recorded on my phone
Listen to ktva by Theresa Ijachi on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7WJMZ

Wish you were gay, by Billie Eilish.

Comments

• Options
    QuackSingerQuackSinger 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Hmmm, Well for one you do not have the bright sound. This has to do with voice placement. When place you voice like what Ted shows for "It's the Law" you do not have to work as hard projecting your voice.
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    you are using quite a bit of air. try to focus on your support more. you are also covering the sound, like @QuackSinger said. the biggest "mistake" is to not be consistent with practice, you will lose your progress fast (although it is clear that life will interfere at times). just saying because you will never be able to pick up where you left it after a few weeks or months, that's maybe why it feels different now
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    btw all of these are points that we are all working on, so don't feel let down if you can't get it right straight away. :)
  • Options
    HumanRobotHumanRobot Member Posts: 246
    edited December 2020

Hello.
    A few months ago, I started using Ken's free videos to excercise my voice. I haven't done the excercises for a few months. My voice sounds a bit different now and I cannot place my finger on what I'm doing wrong.
    This was recorded on my phone
    Listen to ktva by Theresa Ijachi on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7WJMZ

Wish you were gay, by Billie Eilish.

Hi

When you sing - try smileing whilst you sing that will hopefully lift your voice . But you have a lovely voice x

Human Robot