Home The Singer's Lobby

Sing Training Software?

I've been messing around with singing apps on my phone, and was impressed to see that there are options that can read your vocal pitch in real time. Even one called Perfect Pitch that gives you some songs and the correct pitch will travel across for you to match it. I'm assuming it's a midi sequence that's imported into the app, though the song options are limited. I am wondering if there are any software packages similar to that available for PC, with a bigger selection of songs. It would be extra ideal if you could import your own midi files for your favorite songs, and track your pitch accuracy over them. I guess I may have to consider that something like that may not be available yet. I have also noticed that the Ultimate Guitar Tabs web page has a voice channel with the notes on there Pro tabs options. It would be wonderful to some how connect those options with a pitch analyzing software. I welcome any feedback.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Ive never looked into these apps for songs before. Sometimes I use a pitch app while I do my exercises called vocal pitch monitor and track my pitch that way.
  • EmanueleEmanuele 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    Hey!

I don't know a pc software like you said, but I am using a pc software called "Pitch Perfector" and I find it awesome, it helps me to show me the exact pitch of my voice compared to a virtual piano.

I know it is different from what you asked, but please check it out!

Hope it helps!
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    There are lots of different apps to help one lock onto proper pitch... however, I say this to my guitar students, nothing beats ear training! It is super important and really helps to develop great relative pitch (among allot of other things)
    I know it seems very analog, but recording yourself singing against the piano-only pitches of the course, and playing that back will reveal allot... everything from prematurely releasing compression and losing pitch at the end of a phrase, to missing negotiating a voice break, to malformed or unused vowel mods to access the upper limits of chest/mix.
    Eventually you'll start hearing those things in yourself during playback, and it'll drive you nuts until you re-record it lol

"Its not the kill... its the thrill of the chase!" ~ Deep Purple
  • benzaliffbenzaliff Member Posts: 2
    Im from Malaysia and i just used an online karaoke apps called Wesing and befriended with some of the singers there and just get feedback from them.
  • SingForSoupSingForSoup 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    I have tried "Sing Sharp" and it is ok.
  • TheBommelTheBommel Member Posts: 15
    I recommend getting cubase. In there you can use Vari audio not only to monitor your pitch but you can also correct it in ther and listen to the perfect version. You can overdo it to have a robot like guide track where you can hear clearly the right notes ... this was the best teacher for intonation i ever had.