Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi there!!! Marek (26) from Slovakia here :)

marekmarek Volume 1 Posts: 20
I've got half of a year to make my band believe I'm the proper lead vocalist for what we are doing and proper lead vocalist to carry on with (here's a song for which I'm criticized most: https://soundcloud.com/pantsyplar/rising-mass-perception)  I only did some folk music before and now people often say, that my vocal is unbalanced while live singing, that sometimes they don't even hear me and sometimes I'm too loud. They feel insecure about my voice and the way I sing in this kind of music. They're inderectly telling me to go off stage back to the pub :) I know they're right (for this moment), but I also know there's much more inside of me and I can do it much better if somebody shows me how ... So my personal goal at this moment is to LEARN EVERYTHING I CAN! :) My half year personal goal is to make progress, which will be good enough to make my band believe I'm the one :)

All-in for Ken Tamplin program :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey, Marek!

Six months isn't very long to dedicate to your vocal development.  Still, you can make a lot of progress between then and now.

They type of screaming you are using may tear your voice up.  It takes a little time to get to the point where you have enough of a basis in your training to learn to do distorted vocals properly.

I'm not sure why your band has you on a trial basis.  I think you will develop your voice just fine.  Just follow Ken's instructions EXACTLY and don't cut any corners.

Welcome to KTVA.

Bob

• marekmarek Volume 1 Posts: 20
    Thanks a lot Bob!

@ six months:  I'm not supposed to sing like freedie mercury in six months. There just has to be a convincing progress - start to grow, get better and indicate what are the future possibilities ... The truth is: I didn't make progress at all last year and that's the problem :)  Regardless of the decission, if there's a way to develope, I'll dedicate much more time to this - I need to sing anyways :)
    @ scream: definitely yes
    @ trial basis: In fact, I'm the founder member :D and if I won't be the lead vocalist after six months, there's still a place for me and work to do - we're just thinkning about our weaknesses and trying to do something about them. I was offended only for 3 or 4 days ... :)

Thank You very much for your encouragement!

I'll try!!! :)

Marek 
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

OK, Marek,

That explains what's happening.  I'm convinced that if you re-evaluate at six months, they will definitely hear the difference and see which direction you are headed.  You still need to work your tail off so that you will make the most progress possible. 

Follow the program to the letter and you're bound to get better and better!

Go for it!

Bob