Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

If the Ping goes away, are we done ?

GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
Hey friends !

My body gets tired as I sing, so I have the bad habit to force the motion because it annoys me. Three, four, five songs in, I'm tired and start cramping down. I just want to sing !

Example : If we lose lifelines on stage, and we can't stop, and we don't have any fuel left, then it's too late, cause we should have paced ourselves, right ? So we rely on bad technique to make it to the end.

Then If my body gets tired and I blow my folds a bit and lose the ping, is there anything we can do to get back some ping ? Or must we stop and wait the day after ? Because if we're on a show, we can't stoop, right !

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I think it depends how badly you are pushing yourself. If you are slightly over-singing, and you notice this quick enough, you can be OK. Maybe take a minute off or so. Sometimes i notice i sing a little too hard on a song, so i take a short break and try again sometimes.

If you are constantly pushing yourself too much (over-using air, higher volume etc.), even a little, then things will go south. It's good to notice when you are pushing too much, because then you know what to correct.

If you are going hoarse and getting more and more trouble with singing as you progress through the set, then I'm afraid it will not get much better on the same evening. A day off and some light exercise for 'voice repair' is recommended then. Maybe more than a day off depending on the 'damage done'.

Ken has a program called voice repair. I bought it at discount a while back but never really looked into it a lot. This reminds me!

Maybe we can help you get less tired on songs if you give us more information or sound clips!

Hope this answered some things for you.