Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

Alternating Head Voice and Chest Practice Sessions

I've been doing several different sessions a day, sometimes 2 or 3 with Volume 3 and am ready to begin the Head Voice videos. Ken says to alternate days but if I do 2 or 3 workouts in a day, should I stick to just one (Chest or Head) for that day or could I actually alternate the two in the same day?

Thanks!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited May 2013

@TravisBingham,

Initially I would recommend doing all Chest Voice on one day, and all Building Head Voice on the following day. 

Do that for at least a couple of weeks.  If it's all feeling good at that point, then start alternating between the two on the same day.

Also, since you brought the topic up, I recommend you make an audio CD of the Video Soundtrack, which includes Ken giving instructions and explanations of how to do the exercises.  Follow that path initially when you work out.  That will burn the instructional material into your brain.  Listen to it until your lips are moving along to Ken's explanations.  That will ensure you are using the correct methodology.

THEN, after several weeks of rehearsing with the explanations (this also gives your voice short rest periods while Ken is talking) you can instead start rehearsing to the BHV Audio Workouts.  These are the same exercises that are on the video, but all of the explanation parts have been edited out, so it's just exercise after exercise of tough head voice workouts.  This pure workout without the instructional portion is killer!  It will wear you out at first, but it really strengthens your voice.  The more you do this workout, the more you will feel your voice growing in new, powerful ways.

Pay attention to the way your voice feels while working this program.  Don't overdo it, even though you're gung-ho to go!  Give your musculature time to grow, and that cannot happen overnight, in a week or in a month.  Over a period of months, you will be very pleased with the transformation you will undergo.

Bob 

• TravisBinghamTravisBingham Pro Posts: 16
    That's really awesome to explain all that, Bob and an exciting response to get. I've been going through the program diligently for going on seven months so I feel ready for the challenge. I just have a few more questions.

For the head voice workout I need to be warmed up significantly, so how far through Volume 3 should I go to warmup before starting the workout? 

Also, I don't have the audio BHV, just the videos with Ken's explanations. Should I have gotten an audio workout with my original purchase?

Thanks again!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

I actually made one of my own, because I realized that I was taking a long time to repeat the BHV CD that I had made, so I edited it down.

That is my "SECRET WEAPON" that I alluded to in one of my Pro section postings about a month ago.

It turns out that Ken had already done that himself.  I got to looking at the ProPack downloads in the Pro section and in HTS - Pro Pack 1, in the Building Head Voice folder, there is a folder titled Building Head Voice Audio Workouts.  It's almost EXACTLY like the one I edited.

This edited Audio Workout is fantastic.  You will work your tail off in Head Voice!  It is concentrated, high-octane, Vocal Power Rocket Fuel!!!

You need to have Pro Status on the forum in order to access the Pro Pack downloads. 

Bob

• voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    That's funny, I had also edited down the BHV videos and converted the edits to mp3s to work to.
    edited May 2013

So!! Voodoo, you were holding out on me while I was holding out on you! And we were holding out on everyone else!  Ha! 

Not really, we were on the "proving grounds" making sure this stuff wasn't going to burn up on the launch pad!!  We are living proof that we didn't implode!

When the program first came out as a beta test, Ken and Nigel put it out on a trial basis and had an arrangement for forum members at that time.  There was going to be an audio CD version, but I never seemed to come across it.  I kept intending to edit a concentrated version, but it took me a while to get up off of my good intentions and get it done.  Then it took me a while to mention it to Ken that I had made this Top Secret version.  He told me "That's funny! I just made the same thing."

At any rate, everyone who has access to the ProPack downloads can make their own mp3 audio CD's of Ken's version of the Building Head Voice Audio Workouts.

Please use only as directed.  For graduates of all three KTVA Volumes only, please! 

And remember: DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS!!! IT'S THE KTVA SECRET WEAPON!!!!

Bob