Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

Doubt anyone has my problem!

Ken,

Bought the course last December. Haven't done shit with it to be honest. Watching your videos gets me psyched and I'm pumped about getting a band together.

Here's my issue. I spent $22,000 a few years ago on dental. Guy put in a top and bottom bridge and fixed the rest of my teeth. Not sure if it was drugs or diabetes that messed them up. Top bridge fell out from eating too many apples in rehab. Sent there from jail where they don't feed you enough. Saw this fridge with all the free apples you can eat and after being locked in a cell too long, I went to town eating them. Next day I bit into a hoagie and my teeth stayed in it. I'm always good for laughs as a couple people saw that happen!

Can't fix it anymore so I'm looking like a poster boy for crack if I smile. Need 10k for a new one and I've been working on my credit to do that. Now a girl i know told me getting a bridge, 8 teeth wide is too many and that's making sense. The one I have now is 6 teeth wide. Will eventually get implants that'll cost 50 grand. That's all my problems though. Getting cost from a Dentist in Mexico which I'm sure will be cheaper but have concerns. Don't want dentures as I can see them popping out while singing and I heard they can fit like a bad shoe.

When I started people were posting with their mouths wide open doing the exercises and I wasn't going to let anyone look in my mouth missing the top teeth. They shave two good teeth down that help hold the bridge which was suppose to stay in for 10 to 15 years. And the two they shaved look gross also. Now this other dentist wants to shave 2 more good teeth down to hold a new bridge.

Anyway, I can't even talk right on some words and it's hard to pronounce some vowel sounds. Do you have any advice on this? I've been thinking about bagging the idea of trying to sing till I get new choppers. Hate to say it but saliva is hard to hold in to. I'm not a drooling idiot. Not yet anyways. (disgusting) My mouth whistles while talking sometimes but I can't whistle when I want to like I use to. ALA the beginning to Patience.

Hope someone else with this problem gets help reading this. Embarrasses the fuck out of me!

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I wrecked a car 1000 yrs ago and have that same kind of bridge it’s starting to fail and they’re talking about doing a bunch of pulling. I feel for you man
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    sounds like a tough thing man, sorry to hear!

is there a chance you can hold the doctor accountable who did the initial (bad) job? no idea how it works where you are (in the US?) I am from Germany, and I think you would have means to get them to re-work it, but also, thankfully, I never had to figure this out. wishing you all the best for sorting this one out!

as for the course, you don't need to post videos of yourself in order to do the course. i only posted audios when I needed feedback, and you don't even need to post anything (although the feedback you get here is very valuable).

ultimately, you will have to decide for yourself if you can handle the course in your current condition, the only thing i can suggest: start earlier than later. a shared sentiment among the students here is, "i wish i would have started this course earlier" (no matter how old they are when they actually do start), because it does work. if your doctor does not advice against it, and it does not cause pain or discomfort, I'd say go for it. for example, i needed to do the exercises and some additional stretching for a while before i could open my mouth as wide as i wanted to. while surely your situation isn't ideal, you can certainly get past some of the beginner's issues. so then, you won't have to waste time with that once your new teeth are in place. the breathing and support are a big thing, you can definitely work on it already, and it takes a good while to grasp it, so you could give yourself a head start there!

best wishes, and seems like you got a good sense of humour, good on you!

• lespaulmasterlespaulmaster 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Thanks for the replies.

Yea, they say 10 to 15 years when they do the work. Do research before having anything done and get it in writing. Google says 5 to 15 which would be me on the short end. I did go back to the original dentist 3 times. He would glue in back in but the last time he said if it came out he couldn't do it again. And that 3rd time took awhile till it stayed in. Fell out in a week.

I was gung ho on getting a new bridge but need to do more research on how many can be done. When this chick said it's too many, and she has implants and said she knows all about them, I took her word. She's not a dentist but thinking about it, it does make sense.

Made an appointment today to Temple University in Philly. I heard places where they teach dentists look for people to practice on and you can get work for free or at least discounted pretty good. So I volunteered to be a crash test dummy. Hoping they'll do implants as that's what I asked for when I called. Wish I knew this in the first place. Could've saved some bucks.

I'm going back on the course and it wasn't only about posting pics with my mouth open that I stopped. My vowel sounds aren't right as it is and was thinking I could be learning this all wrong. Your right about no time to waste so I'm gonna do what I can.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    if you post audios of your vowels, we can definitely help you with them. hope it goes well for you at the University
    Damn I feel lucky 34 years and mine is still in but it’s a ticking time bomb as I need a root canal under the bridge and they all say it can’t be done so mine is just a matter of time. Don’t drink and drive
  • lespaulmasterlespaulmaster 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    I finally got a loan for 11 grand. Wearing a temp partial which should maybe be called an allful (not aweful) as it takes care of all my top teeth. 14 teeth wide and held by 7. Suppose to get the real one Thursday If i pass my Covid test Wednesday. I was sick all weekend and got a call yesterday from a buddy that was just diagnosed with it.

Anyway, I can speak without whistling and not drooling like an idiot so I'm starting from step 1 again. Never did reach lesson 2 and yea I'm kicking myself for not watching all the vids at least as there's so much to it. Kinda did a fed up!

Onward and upward. Don't forget to brush and floss.
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    I work in the dental world, specifically we do dental implants for tooth replacement. If you’re getting charged 22k for bridge work you’re getting overcharged. Dental implants cost about that much to do a full mouth uppers and lowers and they tend to be much better than bridges too.

I’d go get another opinion and look into dental implants before paying 10k to replace a bridge.
    Because of a car wreck I’m a ticking time bomb with a bridge I’ve got that they can’t work under. They told me 28-35k for the top