Home The Singer's Lobby

I have a vocal question

I’m trying to get better at singing. My issues are a linguistic problem. Example somewhere in the night from don't stop believing I can’t hit the note cause it too high an octave for my vocals. every time I sing it my brain doesn’t sing it in an octave below cause my brain wants me to sing the way it was recorded. Is there a trick or technique I can use train my brain to sing notes in octave I can sing. Hope you understand my issue.

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I’m struggling with that same song in the original key lol. Just practice practice practice. If that doesn’t help try getting an app called the amazing slow downer and load the song in there and drop it to whatever key you’re wanting to do it in and listen a million times and work with the song in that key
  • TeamDefianceTeamDefiance Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2021
    Due to my linguistic in my hearing I tend immediately go into that note. It like my brain can’t register to drop it in a key I can sing. Another song is alone by heart no matter what I try that high note Anne sing doesn’t go lower it my head if this makes sense.
  • TeamDefianceTeamDefiance Member Posts: 6
    Thx you for that app.