Homeβ€Ί Vocal Health and Wellness

Scales

Im not sure if im doing the scales right but i hope it does..but if not,maybe you guys can help me to the right direction..

feel free to comment and criticize..

here's the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HYssdLJALls0c41qSV2nwRh6ENMqu23/view?usp=drivesdk

Comments

• mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2020
    Sorry its a mistake..that was scales from a long time ago..

Here's the real link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgJGBaK0YL7DzMVxhiX8g2v2nSDcdUEE/view?usp=drivesdk
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    edited July 2020
    This is good! Nice resonance and you fixed your support as you went for the top note, at first I didn't think you would get it. Have your support ready before the high note next time so it doesn't wobble.
    @Wigs thank you for your feedback..
    To be honest, i read it somewhere in the "Search Forum" that we have to push our abdomen a little harder as we ascend to the top note..

By the way, is there anything else i should be improve on?
    Keep growing your chest voice and keep the tone nice and bright. It will give you more versatility. Make sure you also try bridging smoothly into your head voice from your chest as well so you don't hear yodel.
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Wigs do you still remember me?
    I posted a scales and received a feedback from you 3 months ago..

I just want to keep an update to you..
    Previously, im struggle to hit a c4..

And now i think my range has extended a little bit..i was trying to hit a D4 and im not sure if i hit it right but anyway
    Here is my latest scales..feel free to listen when you're free .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nr8DpwuPxQeGCSUU35k8Jg-EZkCW-e_9/view?usp=drivesdk

So what do you think?
    You might need to change the settings on your file, it says access is denied.
    edited November 2020
    @Wigs alright i have turned on the link sharing and fix that
    This sounds good! Nice ping and control and you didn't drag too much weight up the top. Try and brighten the vowel a bit more, the lah is a bit covered, its sitting somewhere between, lah and Loh, aim for something just past lah going to laa, but staying on a lah sound.
    @Wigs alright thanks for letting me know..

and what about a vowel modification? in a ken's free youtube video, ken said that we should modified our vowel from Lah Ah to Lah Aw at the top note..it is something like loft or whatever it is that ken phrase..is that what you're truly mean?
    Your mods were good for the top note, Im talking about the bottom notes being more pure to ah before the modifications begin.
    @Wigs ok..i will try and fix that one..
    And i will try to give you an update in the next 3 months..hopefully i will be able to keep a consistency with all the things going around..
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Wigs its been 3 months already..and like i said, i promise to give an update to you every 3 months..

So here i am..i have managed to stretch my chest up to G4 already..although im not sure if i hit it right or not..i repeat the note g4 3 times in my scales to make sure i hit it right..

Here's the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E5RGLCIy020N9ayTpJ4x94NtCcNgM5tS/view?usp=drivesdk

Looking forward hearing your feedback..πŸ˜ƒ
    Hello @Wigs its been a week..im still waiting for your feedback. πŸ˜€
    Very good mate! Nice and bright ping and good breath management. You can get a bit more ah purity by pharengially spreading the sound so it doesn't sound split between ah and uh. Its a small thing but you are at the point for this scale that adjusting the small things will together make a big difference. As you get to the top of the scale and on the way back down the back side, you top notes start to become a light switch as in you turn on and off the vowel mod, try and make it a more subtle transition.

Like I said small things but over all you are doing very well!
    edited January 2021
    Wigs said:

You can get a bit more ah purity by pharengially spreading the sound so it doesn't sound split between ah and uh.

@Wigs
    So this means that i need to smile a little bit more right?

And also i wanna ask you is it actually possible to gain a note in 2 weeks? Because that happened to me..i have always had this curiousity..and i have noticed that starting on the note E4, my voice start to have a tremendous growth..and i will PROBABLY gain another note in another week or two..

i understand this happened because i keep on pushing the top note..the reason im asking you because im afraid that im gonna screw up my voice..and of course i have monitored on how i feel during the stretching/workout..i dont feel anything..not hurt neither uncomfortable..i just feel relax, like theres a ball in my throat..

So im gonna ask again, is it actually normal to gain new note in a week or two?

ThanksπŸ˜€
    Judging by how you sound in your example and that your technique is good, it's very possible for you to have an aha moment when every thing suddenly clicks and you gain those notes. Be proud of your achievement and be mindful of always constantly monitoring yourself like you are now. πŸ‘πŸΌ

And yes smile into the sound more, almost like a child saying "nya nya" you can't catch me! But of course using lah.
    @Wigs alright thank you..i will give an update to you maybe in another month or two..we will see how things going..πŸ˜€
    Hello @Wigs

i wanna give an update..im currently on A4..and i started to notice that as i expand more of my top range, its getting more harder and more challenging to maintain the bright ping..

sometimes,i even cracked into falsetto..
    What's the reason behind this?
    Did i have a problem with my support?
    did this happen to you too in the past?
    And also is it normal that we find its getting more challenging as we expand more of our top range?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVQ7xMFanWqYfVCWcUIRxuL2w_kiFzrB/view?usp=drivesdk
    As you approach your limit, it takes longer, it becomes harder and it requires alot of dedication to keep making gains. A4 is the current limit of my chest register, after that I cross my passagio into my head register but I can still bring my chest voice up there, it's more a very chest dominant mix. As you get to that limit, use more support, and cut back more air, and make use of your resonance to stay in your chest voice. Also keep shedding the weight of the original vowel, shape your vocal tract with the vowel mods.
    edited February 2021
    @Wigs
    i see..i guess this means im on a right track..
    may i know that A4 of yours is actually a limit in a song or a limit in a scale?

Ohh and by the way,should i start working on headvoice cord closure? Or i should wait until C5 in chest voice?
    It's my limit in a scale, I still struggle with it in a song to sing with full voice and usually crack.

When you are doing your scales, you should be splitting your workouts between chest and bridging. So for bridging it's fine to continue past A4 into headvoice concentrating on a clean connection.
    @Wigs alright noted..

Wigs said:

So for bridging it's fine to continue past A4 into headvoice concentrating on a clean connection.

Wait, aren't i supposed to strengthen my headvoice and bringing down my headvoice before learning to bridge?
    Learning to bridge and mix are a bit different. Bridging is moving from chest to head seamlessly with no break or yodel. As you bridge there is a small point where you are using a mixed voice. Training mixed voice properly is growing this area and residing inbetween chest and head voice in different percentages. You will be able to sing in a 50/50 split or a chest or head dominant mix.

So grow your chest voice, balance your work outs with bridging. Once your chest is strong, you can start training your head voice. Then the lowest note of your head voice, and the highest of your chest is the range you will start to train mix.