Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New casual singer here from Illinois

6Hypnone6Hypnone Member Posts: 4
edited January 2021 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Been singing since age 11 for fun, and contests.
Unfortunately I cannot be a serious singer now as I'm quite ill, but I do sing when I can.
My main problem is around where the chest migrates into mixed voice, I've never been able to be loud. I thought it was just me doing something wrong, but have since found out it might be to do w/my vocal chord thickness. Below that area of the scale and above is usually not an issue.
Anyway, just hoping to one day have this "problem" at least semi-resolved. As I'm sick to death of hearing "Oo you're so good but, so quiet..."

I've learned singing from Jem and the Holograms as a child through many other artists, like Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Amy Grant, and others I'm not thinking of. As far as strictly singing and vocals.
My musical tastes are quite rangy. From 80s pop to death metal. I'd say Scandinavian metal is my favorite.

I also played a bit of guitar as a teen but never kept up with it. Played piano somewhat but I have a very good ear so I play things that way. I just cannot play fast or read music fast!

Comments